1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Neck pickup not fitting

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by skidmarkbass, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Just purchased a set of Bartolini pickups for a Warmoth Jazz. The neck rout seems to be slightly off around the screw ears, do you think that I can adjust this with a drill press? Also, It will be covered up by a pick guard. Thanks.

2. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    I'd use a Dremel tool.

Do you have the pickguard already? Check the alignment with the pickguard placed in it's proper position before adjusting anything.

3. I have the pickguard... the pickup fits the pickguard hole, but not the rout. It just seems like a little more wood needs to be removed around the ears.

4. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    It shouldn't be too big of a deal to shave a little wood.

5. Trying to do it myself, so I might buy a dremel tool instead of paying someone.

LoveThatBass likes this.
  6. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    Next thing you know, you'll be building your next bass yourself. It's kind of addicting.

jg42 likes this.
  7. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    If it's your first Dremmel, move very slowly, and with minimum pressure on the wood, they spin fast, and will jump around all over the place, if handled wrong, If it's not your first, ignore me. I only mention it, hoping to avoid disaster, if you're new to the tool.

8. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Yep on the Dremel

9. Thanks... I will proceed carefully.

10. Fernando Costa

Fernando Costa

Aug 4, 2013
    Brasil
    Check strings/pickup poles alignment with pickguard before.

11. No poles on this pickup... last night I used a friends high speed dremel (auto shop grade), widened both holes slightly and the pickup fits fine. I might have to also widen the cutout on the pickguard.