Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

jazz no longer cutting it...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spockrock79, Apr 26, 2005.

1. spockrock79

spockrock79

Dec 7, 2004
    NC
    so i recently bought a dirnt p bass. it definitely has the tone i've been after. i've had my jazz for almost 6months and it has been my main player. i've upgraded my jazz(fender custom 60s pickups and a BAII bridge), but have found i can't get away from the p bass sound. i have a mim p, i do like the sound of the jazz better than that p, but the dirnt eats them both for breakfast. i've always wanted a mia fender. now i have a crazy idea of getting a mia p. i've always wanted a mia and used to think i'd someday go for a jazz, but after playing a certain mia p at gc a few weeks ago i think i'm sold. basically i'm asking for some advice, should i sell/trade the mim j and p for a mia p or maybe just let my GAS settle for a few months...?

any opinions/advice is warmly welcomed!

2. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    If the Dirnt delivers the tone you've been looking for, why bother with another P?

3. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    mia p is the same as an mim, but different.

when you put my two together, the sound is similar, but the feel is way off....