1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Pickup Dimensions

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by funkomatic, Apr 30, 2010.

1. funkomatic

funkomatic

Sep 28, 2006
    Does anyone happen to know the dimensions of the Fender Mod Shop Jazz 5 SCN pickups? If so, I would be grateful if you would share them with me.

It seems odd to me that they are not mentioned on any site I've seen that offers them.

Thanks!

2. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
  3. funkomatic

funkomatic

Sep 28, 2006
    Thanks, HogieWan.

These are actually 5 string jazz pups. According to bestbassgear, there are different dimensions for their 5 string Jazz pickups.

http://bestbassgear.com/bartolini-5-string-j-pickups.htm

I am mostly interested in the width. I notice that there are 91mm, 95mm, 101mm and 105mm as possible widths.

The reason I am looking at this is because I want to make new wooden pickup covers for them that will fit within the Bartolini BC routes. If these SCN pickups are greater than 100mm then they won't work for this application.

4. HogieWan

HogieWan

Feb 4, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    sorry - I didn't notice that you were looking for 5-string pups.

5. funkomatic

funkomatic

Sep 28, 2006
    I've got the dimensions. the bridge is 104mm x 28mm (including screw ears), the neck is 101mm x 28mm.

Slightly too wide for my application, but I can use them elsewhere.