Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cep, Mar 11, 2002.

1. cep

cep

Jun 12, 2001
    Crockett, ca
    Please forgive this post if this a rehash, but I'm really nervous about this. I have my 75 jazz bass, which is my baby, that I need new pickups for. 20 years ago I put Dimarzios' in it. I have to get new ones now and I'm not sure which way to go. I put bassines in my P-bass and I'm happy with those, But I really don't want to take any chances.

2. Well what sort of tone are you after? For pickups with a lot of punch and low end, but still retaining clarity, go with the SD Hot Jazz pickups. I have them. That's all I know.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have DiMarzio Ultra Jazz p/u's in my MIM Jazz and it greatly improved the tone! They're actually stacked humbuckers designed to emulate the vintage tone.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
  5. one word...

BARTOLINI

6. cep

cep

Jun 12, 2001
    Crockett, ca
    Thanks to all for the responses, I actually got the thing working. But this really helps I may at some point get a MIM that I can beat up, so your responses wiill help out alot.
    Again thanks to all