1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz plus V neck on MIM Body

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by telebassman, May 20, 2011.

1. telebassman

telebassman

May 20, 2008
    WV
    Any reason why my USA Jazz plus-5 neck won't fit a MIM body? How about the j-plus bridge on the MIM body? Any insight on neck pocket differences etc...would be greatly appreciated.

2. MikeM

MikeM

Apr 21, 2004
    Edmonton
    Jazz Plus-5 has a smaller pocket

3. telebassman

telebassman

May 20, 2008
    WV
    Doh! Fooey

4. telebassman

telebassman

May 20, 2008
    WV
    We have a problem. Here is the story....

I bought this '92 jazz plus about 4 years ago and the preamp was toasted. Unable to find a replacement at the time, I simply made it passive and while I had it apart I stripped the body down to the wood and clear coated it. I played it for about a year and sold it to another local bass player. He didn't want it to be passive so he ordered the 4 knob preamp found in active Fender basses. Since there were only three holes and no pg or control plate he drilled a hole in the body for knob # 4. while he had it apart he decided to strip the clearcoat and stain the center of the bass a darker color to resemble a neck through look. Three years later I found out that he no longer used it and bought it back because I loved the neck so much. The preamp he had in it shorted out so I again switched it back to passive with three knobs ( and a hole). I had planned on using the neck and hardware on a MIM body but it now seems that is not an option. Should I sell as is? Part it out? Or can anyone think of anther solution that involves me keeping and using this awesome neck?

5. telebassman

telebassman

May 20, 2008
    WV
    Anyone know the width of a MIM jazz v neck pocket?

6. telebassman

telebassman

May 20, 2008
    WV
    Does 2 7/8 sound right?