Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz/Prog Experimental Stuff (ala Dark Hall)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Twistad, Jan 30, 2006.

1. I may have found a gem while looking for new music, i've stumbled into a side-project of Steve Digiorgio that really got my interest.

Anyone interested should go dwl their demo at http://www.darkhall.tk/ as they no longer produce it and are letting it go for free.

I'm looking for some new music in the vein of Dark Hall, bands that use the same kind of approach to jazz.

I'm open to any suggestions.

2. Oh mann... I join your search! Their stuff is great! Very epic and proggy indeed. I love Steve's playing :bassist:

3. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Did anyone else notice that Steve looks like Jaco in that thumb under the members section? :eek:

Back to the topic, I don't really know of any similar projects except for Sean Malone's Gordian Knot, but with a much heavier emphasis on the recording than the raw performance.

4. Check out Ohm's: "amino acid Flashback". Cool music with Chris Poland (ex-Megadeth)....