Jazz pups Comparison Chart

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FireBug, Oct 8, 2005.

1. FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    A few years ago a bass magazine posted a comparison chart of all the different jazz pickups inclusing DiMarzio, Lane Poor, Bartolini, and a whole slew of other pickups. They included ratings for output, clarity, warmth and things like that as well as a small description for each pickup.

Does anyone have the link to this or know where I can find it? I remember it as being a red/orange/yellow colored page I think.

I think we could all find this useful.
  2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    You can get pretty much the same stuff here.

Take a look at the Pickups FAQ located at the top of this forum.
    There are a couple of threads there dedicated to J-pup reviews, really excellent threads.
  3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings

This shootout is too old.....
    I don't know what you are looking for, but just a reminder.... Nordstrand pickups! ;)

Attached Files:

4. jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    It is old but most of the pickups reviewed are still on the market and IMHO still the top contenders. Having said that, I agree that Nordstrand is one to condider as well.

It's probably time BP did another comaprison on Jazz and P pickups.

One thing for sure, that review generated a lot of business for Aero and SD!! :)
    madjazzbass likes this.
  5. Hey Maurillo,
    Thanks for posting that tone chart.I've been looking for that and also asked here on this forum about it.I know there are new pickups now but I was looking for a comparison of Basslines humbuckers vs Ultrajazz pickups.