Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz RATM?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Mar 5, 2003.

1. here's an outtake from a rehearsal a year ago with my covers band;
    annoyed at having to play a section of "know your enemy" repeatedly for one guitarist to try to come up with some sort of solo the drummer played a jazz pattern instead, and we goofed around with the bass and rhythm guitar lines too.
    (the other guitarist plays the solo now)

there's also another clip of us jamming on some sort of bossa nova, that's too big a file to post, and there's still that whammy pedal squealing away:p

2. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    ouch

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Interesting... but Jazz RATM has been done... they do a song on The Crow soundtrack called "Darkness" I think... it's pretty Jazzy.

Still... interesting. :p

4. I've managed to edit and compress the aforementioned bossa nova outtake complete with whammy pedal squealing.
    (that's me at the end saying "easy listening":D )

5. Adamb154

Adamb154 Guest

Nov 10, 2002
    i like it dude, dont get my ouch wrong, thats a good word for me. mind if i put it on kazaa? i put all my mp3s on there for sorting reasons. if not i wont share it.

Viva Victor Wooten

6. and here's me playing a bit of the intro to Manowar's "guyana" (wrongly:p ), complete with a metal scream from a guitarist-

7. My band once did a reggae "Smells Like Teen Spirit" but only because we knew some "mini-mosher" Nirvana fans were on the other side of the door (it has a window in it. We cover it with paper now).

I just wish I had a recording of it. I'd put it on Kazaa........

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    RECORDINGS! zap zap ZAP!

9. Googaloo has been playing Know Your Enemy at the last few practices. We wrote a melody where normally there's rapping, and we funk it up and we jazz it up, and voila.

10. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah its on the crow soundtrack..can't remember the name of it though..:confused:

11. Thats cool man, I like it ;)

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He said the name of it..."Darkness." They called it "Darkness of Greed" when it appeared in other places though. Guess the "of Greed" part didn't fit as well for the Crow purposes.

brad cook

13. here's another rehearsal clip- no music, but me doing an impression of the Hives' singer, and his pompous stage act;

14. and here's me singing Wheatus' "teenage dirtbag" in the style of Jim Bowen (ageing bespectacled presenter of UK darts-related gameshow "Bullseye")

(if anyone else has got clips of musical goofing around post them up)

15. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    besides "darkness" ratm also recorded "hadda be playing" - a 8 minute jazzy/bluesy/noise jam with zack talking something about cia working with drug dealers etc. etc. :D

it was released on the "live&rare" cd