1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Series Pickup Order

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RedJag, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Neck Hot into Bridge Ground

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bridge Hot into Neck Ground

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    Hey guys,

First post here, I'm gonna be redoing the wiring on my CIJ Jaguar Bass. I've read a lot of threads which state that series wiring is always Bridge Hot to Neck Ground. What would be the advantage/disadvantage/change in sound if it went the other way? What if it went Neck Hot to Bridge Ground?

Searched a bunch and wasn't able to find any info on this, appreciate any help.

2. Torrente Cro

Torrente Cro

Sep 5, 2013
    Croatia
    I did S1 switch few days ago, and since some wires were short I chose to wire neck hot to bridge ground. As much as I know electronics, I think that it doesn't matter at all. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Don't think it matters

4. Why is this a poll?

There is absolutely no difference in tone between the two options. The only time that the "order" matters is if your pole pieces are not grounded properly. In that case, the pickup that is closer to the ground potential will buzz less when you touch its pole pieces.

5. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    Thanks for the info man, I don't know enough about the theory to know if it would have made a difference.