1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz style bass with non-fender style peghead?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Anyone have a picture of a jazz style body with something other than the Fender peghead. I was wanting to see how one looked with an angled (warmoth style) peghead.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If you mean a tilt back headstock, Carvins have them. Check out pics at www.carvin.com. The 5 and 6 strings will give you an idea how a 2+2 headstock might look.

Also take a look at Dean basses (www.deanguitars.com) especially the Jeff Berlin model. They have 2+2 angled headstocks.

3. Here's a link to a photo gallery of my custom-made Curbow Jazz bass. There's a couple of shots of the headstock there. It's the same headstock as Curbow's 5-string International Exotic Petite. I thought the 4-string IEP headstock looked too small.
    http://www.curbow.com/store/gallerypages/SiffBass/index.htm

4. Not bad. I prefer the traditional Fender headstock, but this one's alright.

5. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

not bad, just what I was looking for. I know Warmoth can do a 5 piece (maple and purpleheart) neck for that fits the jazz body. Thinking of getting a honeyburst or tobacco burst on ash with matching headstock (only time I like a matching headstock). Might do a quilt top, but I want better than AA quilt maple.