Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazz style bass with non-fender style peghead?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Mar 19, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Anyone have a picture of a jazz style body with something other than the Fender peghead. I was wanting to see how one looked with an angled (warmoth style) peghead.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If you mean a tilt back headstock, Carvins have them. Check out pics at www.carvin.com. The 5 and 6 strings will give you an idea how a 2+2 headstock might look.

Also take a look at Dean basses (www.deanguitars.com) especially the Jeff Berlin model. They have 2+2 angled headstocks.

3. Here's a link to a photo gallery of my custom-made Curbow Jazz bass. There's a couple of shots of the headstock there. It's the same headstock as Curbow's 5-string International Exotic Petite. I thought the 4-string IEP headstock looked too small.
    http://www.curbow.com/store/gallerypages/SiffBass/index.htm

4. Not bad. I prefer the traditional Fender headstock, but this one's alright.

5. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL

not bad, just what I was looking for. I know Warmoth can do a 5 piece (maple and purpleheart) neck for that fits the jazz body. Thinking of getting a honeyburst or tobacco burst on ash with matching headstock (only time I like a matching headstock). Might do a quilt top, but I want better than AA quilt maple.