1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jazz styled 6 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saetia, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Alright so I was cruising the classiest bass thread down the page and saw this sexy looking 7 string beauty.

In this thread...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241993&page=2

Bascially I've been wanting to convert over to 6 string for quite some time now, and have owned a couple 6'ers over the years that I loved but was unable to souly commit to. The time has come, and the bass above is pure sex IMO. What options out there are there for a 6'er in a Jazz bass style?

Thanks
    Peace
    -Benny

"EDIT" I used standard html for the link and now it seems I can't use the forum link option in the editing mode so I'll post it below.

2. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    ww71.

3. +1

My local guitar center had a Low End 6 string and it played wonderfully until someone wore the strings dead. I could kick myself for not jumping on it.

4. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    The more I look at that bass, the more I love it... now I just want one in a 6 with that color and everything.

How much does one of these run, I've been tracing all over the low end site and their distributers and none have prices.

Are there any other 6 string Jazz style basses out there?

Wow, that is such a sweet looking Jazz above,
    the only think that would make it that much sexyier would be a pearlescent white paint job.

Well any more info on either the Low End or other 6 string Jazzes would be greatly appreciated.

Peace
    -Benny

5. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    Schnatzbass, do you have any experience with Clover basses? I´m quite interested in a 6 string J as well. That gold sparkle is horrible but I assume he does SB too.

6. Are you kidding me?

clover_apeiron6clas_gs01.

That is one hell of a sexy bass!

7. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    The good folks at Hotwire do them too

[​IMG]

8. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Saetia, you're drooling on a Low End Jazz. According to the price list on the web page, you're looking at $2200 for a 6-string Jazz.

:eek:

9. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    wow. i know that $2200 is a lot but i thought it would of been in the $3000+ mark for one of those.

I say get one if you can. Damn if i lived in the states i'd have one.

Dave

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Curbow will make you an amazing 6 string Jazz Bass, too. Just give Doug a call.

www.curbow.com

I'm pretty sure there are some 6 string jazz pics in the gallery.

11. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Holy crap, that looks perfect. Only six string Jazz whose looks I've ever liked.

12. pointbass

pointbass Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Saetia,

I posted that bass in the other thread ..... I, too, have been lusting after that thing since the first time I saw it. LowEnd will be glad to build one for you, I'm sure .... ;)

Even though my main players are custom FBB's, the thought of a classic jazz shape bass with 6/7 strings is incredibly appealing. The day will come when I'll own one of those basses. BTW, they also make a beautiful black 6 ... :cool:

13. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I have a few pics of them saved at my house (i'm at school,) and IIRC they're made by TheLowEnd.

14. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    It looks great but it's not for me, or my gig. I have a SB fixation anyway :)

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I would check out Benevente.

16. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    You can find the pricelist at www.lowendbasses.com I have a 5 string in black with black blocks and binding. I couldn't sing the praises of it enough. Everything is perfect for me.

Here's the gallery of all the LEJ basses that have been built

17. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    i came across a 6 string jazz bass just last night. Had rehearsal for this weekends service with the other church we are partnering with.....which is at Minute Maid park sunday morning here in houston if any of you houstonians would like to attend. The other bass player has a 6 string jazz bass made by a guy in california. The basses are called performance basses. The bass player told me that he saw someone with Janet Jackson playing a 6 string jazz and searched for that bass. He found the builder and contacted him and ordered on. It looks real good. I will take photos of it on Sat. and post them.

It is black with maple/maple neck and pearl block inlays, white binding and a pearl pickgaurd. looks amazing. I didnt play it but I will check it out on Sat.

18. TimothyGroovy

TimothyGroovy Commercial User

Aug 3, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Owner: Uni••Sound Endorsing Artist: La Bella Strings