1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz Tuning Replacement - Help finding one that matches these dimensions

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Feb 23, 2016.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    Microsoft Product Designer
    looking for a set of 4 replacement tuners.

anyone suggest something that comes close to these dimensions?

thanks!

tuner.

2. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Do you want a different style of tuners, or new "what ya got already"? If you want 'different', I'm afraid I can't think of anything with a "footprint" that big, because they don't have to accommodate that big worm screw and gear. If you want to replace the originals with something similar, you can get them from Fender (if the logo is important), or Schaller, or Gotoh, or Wilkinson... most of them will give you the dimensions with a little searching. Schaller will tell you waay more than you want to know...:thumbsup:

frederic b. hodshon likes this.
  3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    i think i'll have to be drillin' some new holes for this one.

thanks!

i was looking at the Hipshot HB1.

close enough footprint.

thoughts?

4. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Hipshot stuff is generally well thought of, but I have no experience with their tuners. The Hipshot A-style bridge on my Carvin LB-20 is a really good one, though. If I have a choice of tuners? I usually go with Schallers if I can; but that's just me...:)

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Hipshot are very good indeed, I have HB1s on my vmj. I see no advantages to them over the 40 years old Schaller tuners on my Gibson G-3. Some things just don't need to be improved.

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Redmond, WA
    the tuners on this fretless i recently acquired are horrid (compliment).

i love the Hipshot A bridges... here's the bass of topic with the A bridge - in addition to an epoxy board coat and J-Retro pre.

b1.