Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jazzbo: a leader in the moderator community

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BigBohn, Aug 2, 2002.

1. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Jazzbo's recently implemented "1 strike, you're out" policy with cracking down on pointlessness and waste of bandwidth has been a proven action to cut down on retardation and increase general morale of TalkBass OT society and TalkBass society as a whole.

[​IMG]

Mr. Gard, Mr. Turner, Mr. jazzbo,

Thank you for being MY moderators in this diverse and unruly forum of Off Topic. We all thank you for your determination and relentlessness in putting these perps in their place. :)

[​IMG]

2. LOL,

Gotta give props to Cassanova, too. I've noticed a lot of threads getting killed over in Bassists by the swift hand of justice.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    This gives the term jazz police a whole new dimension... :eek:

4. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    This is supposed to be ironic, isn't it?

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    But, but they told me that there are no Music Police!

:rolleyes:

6. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    God knows I hope not... I'll be looking at a 50 year stretch otherwise!

7. Where did you find a photo of our enforcers? Cameras are specifically banned when our low-end gestapo arrive.

Rock on
    Eric

8. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    I offered some donuts and bass strings for a few candids.

:D

9. Fiend!! How did you discover their weakness?!

Rock on
    Eric

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

Ancient Chinese tactics. Learn when I was in dojo for my training with sensai.

*breathes out forcefully and puts hands in front, in joombo position*

11. [Wise sensai on]

Ancient Chinese tactics. Mooooost important.

[Wise Sensai off]

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Really, it would be, if not for the fact that this could, and will, serve as the notification that I'm cracking down on pointlessness. It really is just a waste of bandwith, and I think it reduces the overall maturity level of the entire board. (Granted, the ROSIN forum does that pretty well too).

[​IMG]

13. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Actually it was a tribute to you, good sir. You have a lot of stuff on your plate when it comes to the Off Topic forum, so I just made this to show you that we civilians care and are fortunate to have someone that puts up with alot of nonsense threads and posts while maintaining a positive spirit.

Thank you. :)

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    WHoa whoa, alright, someone needs to fight for the bandwith waster community. Hmmm Off Topic has too many pointless threads? Well maybe that's why it's called off topic. I mean what defines pointless in a place designated for threads that don't relate to the point of this entire site? I mean I understand deleting a thread that subject line is "i h8 gitarists." And the entire post is, "tHeY r sOoOoO stewpid." Sure delete this and PM them with a warning. But most people deserving of being kicked off talkbass are newbies, who have no knowledge of the site. I understand being a moderator isn't easy, and you have to deal with a lot of fIeldY fAnaTiKZ and I greatly appreciate all the moderators on this site but lets face it, the internet isn't full of people as classy as I, I got class out the ass. :D

15. Does anyone have an extra onion bagel? I want to spread some of this sarcasm around while it's fresh! :D

Mike J.

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    "H-eeee's a lumberjack, and he's O-K..."

17. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I get to decide. I'm that powerful.

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Funny how both dojo and sensai are Japanese words. Looking for gwoon and sifu? Gwoon isn't used often, but sifu is the chinese term for instructor, not sensei!

However, I do think the thread is ironic. :D

19. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Lay down the iron fist. You got the powa'!

20. is this the official moderator-buttkissing thread ? ;)

p.s.

TABS RULE !!
    ( eat that, pacman ! :p )