Jazzer and Spirocore

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by precision61, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Dose anyone has the experience with both of Jazzer and Spirocore?
    What is the difference in tone?
    Any comments?
    Thank you
  2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    The Jazzers are about the same tension as Weichs.
    To me, they sound rounder and fuller than Spiros.
    Bright tone with lots of sustain and growl.
  3. Just tried Jazzer E and A last night.
    Its tension a bit higher than Spirocore weichs.
    I found out that Jazzer is rounder spirocore and more bowable.
    However, Spirocore seems to be more robust and brighter than Jazzer.
    However, both are good for Pizz.
  4. well since i know both of you guys that have been responding on here already have tried Jazzers and since i know Precision uses a D and G Obligato and im sure Francois has, if you could fill me in on your thoughts of how combining a Jazzer E (maybe A) to the rest of the Obligato set would work. Do you think they would blend nicely? This is what i think im going to do, just buy Obligatos G,D,A and then a Jazzer E. i was just hoping someone could give me an ok or no dont do that if they knew from experience. Thanks for your time...

5. Hovelmeister:
    The bottom line is, everyone else's experience is everyone else's experience. There's no guarantee it will also be yours. Every bass has its own unique qualities, which means each responds differently. You'll just have to be like the rest of us, and go broke finding the strings that satisfy you.
  6. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    My experience with the Obligatos is that they're too nasal for me, but I think they could blend nicely with Jazzers. Depends on the instrument.
    Don's advice is also quite true.
    You'll need to try by yourself!

I'd also try to match them in pairs, eg Jazzers E and A with Obligatos G and D. (my point of view, but feel free to think otherwise! :) )
  7. For me, I tried Jazzer as for experiment.
    I do not use them as my favorite set. From my experience, Jazzer E and A might be find with obligato. Recently, I just read somewhere in this forum that Micheal Moore using Obligato A, D, and G with Spirocore E. For me, Obligato E and A are find on my bass too, but I prefer Flexocore med E and A which are warmer.

Moreover, Francois and Don said the absolutely right thing.
    Try it on your bass, your ears and mind will decide yes or no.
  8. Yes, that is what Michael Moore uses; I've played his (Christopher) bass. Sounded fine, but it seemed like an odd combination to me.
    If I ever figure out how, I can post a sound bite of me playing it with Michael on piano.