1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazzy phrasing ideas

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by T$@k, Apr 3, 2015.

1. T$@k

T$@k

Apr 3, 2015
    Hi all..this is my first post in this forum..and hoping for ur replies..everytime i solo..i search for the minor pentatonic key, but l kinda get bored after a while and run out of ideas..any suggestions to expand my soloing lexicon and add jazzy touch to my licks?

2. Jazzy bass lines are notes of the chord, i.e. chord tones. Jazzy solos, are notes of the tune. Have you given the tune any thought? It's probably not that many measures and then repeats. Probably easier than making something from a minor pentatonic.
    The tune or recognized head has to come into the solo someplace. Take the lead playing the recognized tune - the other person that had the lead before you - vocalist - the horn, whatever probably used the tune as the basics of his solo, if all of a sudden you take the lead playing something that does not fit in with what was being played a moment ago - get my point......

Take the lead playing the tune, improvise your interpretation of the tune in the middle and give the lead back playing the recognized tune.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  3. T$@k

T$@k

Apr 3, 2015
    Thx..i will try with easy tunes as a start