1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JB-2 Fretless Update

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod B., Jul 22, 2002.

1. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I took the JB-2 fretless to band practice yesterday for the first time (modern blues). I also took along my Hot Rodded P.

The HRP has fallen from grace, hard! It no longer holds the #1 spot, not even close. Everyone loved the sound of the fretless and preferred it over the HRP. (I did too.) One person commented I seemed "zoned" and into it more when playing the JB-2. (I did enjoy it more.) A guy I jammed with on Friday said the same thing.

It has rounds on and rounds will stay on. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right? :)

The output is hotter than a stock Fender Jazz. It pretty much equals my HRP.

Almost all the time I had everything dime'd. I think on 1 line I'd backed the bridge pup off 25% and on 1 other turned the bridge pup totally off.

So, my P is probably going up on the auction block. I will keep the HRP just because I should have a "P" type bass. ;-) Plus, I got it new and have too much into it to sell it.

2. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Niice. Sounds great, but I don't believe it, unless you have pictures to back it up. :D

I want a fretless 6er, but I'm saving for my car.... oh well, a fretless 6er will come my way some day.:)

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Oh wow, thats is a beaut! Very nice fish you hooked out of the ocean! Thanks Josh for the pics, and Rod, for the bass existing.

Have fun with it! Rock on! :D

4. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Thanks for the pic/thread link Josh.

I tried the favoring the bridge pup (about 15%) at home and liked it. I didn’t hear to do it at rehearsal. Maybe it would've worked on a couple lines. I’ll try it next time. I really like everything dime’d the most.

5. gabrielesquarat

gabrielesquarat

Aug 22, 2011
    [​IMG]i have a g&l jb 2 fretless.usa made.
    here seems left handed but no,is a webcam glitch XD :bag:

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Nice 2002 thread resurrection!