JB-2 Fretless Update

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod B., Jul 22, 2002.

1. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    I took the JB-2 fretless to band practice yesterday for the first time (modern blues). I also took along my Hot Rodded P.

The HRP has fallen from grace, hard! It no longer holds the #1 spot, not even close. Everyone loved the sound of the fretless and preferred it over the HRP. (I did too.) One person commented I seemed "zoned" and into it more when playing the JB-2. (I did enjoy it more.) A guy I jammed with on Friday said the same thing.

It has rounds on and rounds will stay on. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right? :)

The output is hotter than a stock Fender Jazz. It pretty much equals my HRP.

Almost all the time I had everything dime'd. I think on 1 line I'd backed the bridge pup off 25% and on 1 other turned the bridge pup totally off.

So, my P is probably going up on the auction block. I will keep the HRP just because I should have a "P" type bass. ;-) Plus, I got it new and have too much into it to sell it.
  2. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Niice. Sounds great, but I don't believe it, unless you have pictures to back it up. :D

I want a fretless 6er, but I'm saving for my car.... oh well, a fretless 6er will come my way some day.:)
  3. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Oh wow, thats is a beaut! Very nice fish you hooked out of the ocean! Thanks Josh for the pics, and Rod, for the bass existing.

Have fun with it! Rock on! :D
  4. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Thanks for the pic/thread link Josh.

I tried the favoring the bridge pup (about 15%) at home and liked it. I didn’t hear to do it at rehearsal. Maybe it would've worked on a couple lines. I’ll try it next time. I really like everything dime’d the most.
  5. gabrielesquarat

Aug 22, 2011
    [​IMG]i have a g&l jb 2 fretless.usa made.
    here seems left handed but no,is a webcam glitch XD :bag:
  6. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Nice 2002 thread resurrection!