1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

jb highway one wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mobiless, Aug 18, 2012.

1. hi, anyone have highway one wiring scheme? Every scheme i found was nothing like in my jb..

2. __HM__

__HM__

Aug 28, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Any pics of your wiring? I dunno about basses, but I've owned a hiway one strat and tele, they both had totally "normal" wiring.

3. It's just VVT with a series/parallel switch, isn't it? If you can identify the pin layout of the S1 switch, you can cross-reference with any standard VVT series/parallel diagram.

4. itchy

itchy

Jan 3, 2009
    Bay Area
  5. can anyone tell me why i have 3 wires coming from my pickup? 2 from pickup and 1 from plate underneath. It's grounding i suppose, but can i remove it? My bass is not shielded yet, so i'm afraid it will buzz as hell if i remove those plates..

6. For what reason would you want to remove them? Ground plates generally don't do anything, but if they are already there, why remove them?

7. as far as they won't interrupt with copper tape i have no reason to remove them right?

8. or i need to remove them when i'll do shielding? Help me there

9. It doesn't matter, do it however you want. That being said, there is no reason to have both.

10. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    yeah, the grounding plates are shielding, might as well leave them in.