Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JB pup dilemma I can't decide!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by geddyfan, Jan 19, 2002.

1. Well I guess I'm going to bite the bullet next week so which PUP to put in my MIM JB,Duncan antiquity 2's or custom shop 60's?

2. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    Hey! U will be most than satisfy with any of them. Both are cream of the cream !! :cool:
    ( Combine with a good active on board pre amp eq )

3. I put Bartolini 9Ws in my MIM Deluxe. Unlike the 9J or 9S, the 9W has one coil per string. After reading the BP pickup shootout I chose the barts - I've been happy ever since.

I got mine at Tim's Guitar Workshop but be careful - his Internet prices are cheaper than his store prices - I had to remind him what the price was ($139). Also, if you do order Bartolini stuff, I suggest having the dealer check stock before you place the order - otherwise you might wait several months for your pickups.

allan

4. If I wanted actives I probably would go with EMG Vintage Jazz.I have a good friend who is an EMG dealer he said he could get me the EMG's for 100.00 for the pair with the pots and all but I want to stay passive.