JBass BTC System Installation Adventure

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Darknut, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    In 2009 I walked into Guit-ard Center planning just to buy strings & ended up with a VM Fret-less JBASS. :)

It is a fun bass stock but as usual for me it wasn't long before I started modding it.
    In the first 2 or 3 years I added EMG pups, Badass bridge, Dtuner, all stainless screws & eventually a fretted neck from a Pbass Special. (Pbass Special is fret-less now :) )

Fast forward to 2016: I got the erg to mod this bass a bit more so I grabbed a EMG BTC system.
    The pup blend pot was the carrot for me to upgrade to the BTC setup.

I got all ready to install & quickly realized that the BTC wasn't going to fit in the control cavity with a 9v battery in there with it. Actually it barely fits without the 9v.

So I started weighing my options. I didn't really want to go the router route.

I starting looking at different battery options & there is really not any plug & play options out there that I could find so I made my own ...

BTC System is a tight fit

KKadta5.jpg

DIY Battery Adapter

wZuKVGZ.jpg

3 CR2032's gets it done ... fits under the volume pot ... should last at least 6 months

N20vxFL.jpg

All Done

e8ox0f9.jpg

New Mighty Mite neck finishes it off.

fD12GxM.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  2. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    cool

3. I have a BTC in my '75 reissue jazz and everything fits just fine.
    Strange....

4. Torrente Cro

Torrente Cro

Sep 5, 2013
    Croatia
    DIY Battery Adapter idea is brilliant!

5. Darknut

Darknut

Apr 4, 2009
    I left the nine volt connector on there until I see how long the CR2032's last .... in case I have to tape a 9v to the outside of the bass to finish a gig :)
    If the batteries work like I expect I'll loose the extra wiring.

UNICORN BASS likes this.
  6. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    Is this thread quite dead? Can you tell us how long those stacked cr2032s lasted? I had thought of going clip to clip and reversing the wires like you, but since there's no 3xCR2032 holder, I'm interested in your DIY solution. There are 3xCR2016 holders but I wonder about the capacity.

What did you attach to the extra 9v battery clip to make the DIY battery holder? And then how did you attach it to the battery? Do you have to unwrap lots of electrical tape each time you change the batteries?