JBL E145 ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by renown, Jan 30, 2005.

1. renown

Jan 5, 2005
    Is it desireable, or even possible , to put an E145 into a 60s Fender Showman tonering cab ?? The frame is much bigger, will it physically fit ??
    I've one cab with a E140, and one empty cab. I'm looking for something different. I have the 2 Showman heads, and have always loved the soundof them. They have plenty of power with the E140. Would the E145 be a lot lower in output ??
  2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    The 145 will have less sensitivity in the upper end but far better output down low with twice the xmax of the 140.
  3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I agree with Bill. The E145 is much better for bass than the E140. But as you know, put the wrong speaker in the wrong cab and even the best speakers will often sound like garbage. Hopefully we can do this right.

What are the dimensions of the empty cab? And if this cab has ports, how many, how deep and what diameter?
  4. renown

Jan 5, 2005
    I know the porting may not be perfect but I'm willing to experiment. My first concern is whether you can even physically mount a 145 on the tonering ?? Will the extra weight of the speaker warp the ring ??