Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JBL Eon cab refurbishing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jondog, Mar 6, 2004.

1. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I put this in amps because these are powered; I dunno where pa stuff is supposed to go.

I just bought a very used pair of 15" JBL Eon speakers. The plastic cabs are all scuffed up. Does anybody have ideas on how to make them look nicer? I don't need them to be perfect, it's just that once in awhile I need to make a professional impression, and beat looking gear doesn't impress non-musos even if it sounds good.

2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    EONs are bullet-proof and I love mine. I have the newer 15" G2s, but have seen the older ones in the condition that I believe you are describing. Aside from replacing the pieces of the housing, I don't think you can do much about scuff marks. Plastic modelers have access to plastic polishing products, but it is doubtful that any of them would be cost-efficient to employ. You might try Armor-Alling them, or wrapping them in some sort of thin fabric when you need to make an impression.

3. If they sound OK, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they look pristine it might give the impression that they haven't been used very much - i.e. that you don't have much experience - on the other hand if they look scuffed up a bit, people will think they've been used a lot, and assume that you have been around a bit…

FWIW -

- Wil