JBL Eon cab refurbishing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jondog, Mar 6, 2004.

1. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I put this in amps because these are powered; I dunno where pa stuff is supposed to go.

I just bought a very used pair of 15" JBL Eon speakers. The plastic cabs are all scuffed up. Does anybody have ideas on how to make them look nicer? I don't need them to be perfect, it's just that once in awhile I need to make a professional impression, and beat looking gear doesn't impress non-musos even if it sounds good.
  2. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    EONs are bullet-proof and I love mine. I have the newer 15" G2s, but have seen the older ones in the condition that I believe you are describing. Aside from replacing the pieces of the housing, I don't think you can do much about scuff marks. Plastic modelers have access to plastic polishing products, but it is doubtful that any of them would be cost-efficient to employ. You might try Armor-Alling them, or wrapping them in some sort of thin fabric when you need to make an impression.
  3. If they sound OK, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If they look pristine it might give the impression that they haven't been used very much - i.e. that you don't have much experience - on the other hand if they look scuffed up a bit, people will think they've been used a lot, and assume that you have been around a bit…

FWIW -

- Wil