1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JBL K140 - see what I brought home.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Oren Hudson, May 6, 2015.

1. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Stopped by to visit long time friend and The Speaker Doctor, Steve Griffin, and discovered that he was retiring, I already knew that, but that his associate was not going to continue the business. That' a bummer for sure. In any event, in anticipation of closing, they are getting rid of everything, including a large number of speakers that were either theirs, or been left and never paid for by others. I've seen these matched JBL K140's on the wall for a while, so I made them an offer that they took. I can't wait to find the right cab to put them in. :D

004.JPG 007.JPG 005.JPG 003.JPG 009.JPG

D.M.N. likes this.
  2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    My fave 15 of all time, a really sweet sounding, full range bass driver. Won't take a lot of power, but in the right cab, a great bass sound. I've used them in many a 215, including an old Kustom , tuck n roll cab. Don Oatman, at LDS, loves these JBL's also, and would probably build you a perfect cab for those beauties.

Oren Hudson likes this.