1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jealous Again- Black Crowes

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by kjpollo, May 4, 2010.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    OK- I did a search on here for this tune and only found an old, unresolved thread from 2007.

Rather than re-start a zombie thread, I figured I would just start over.

Anyone have a tab, transcription, sheet music, etc for this song?

You guys came up big for me on Spooky a few months ago- I'm hoping for similar success this time around.

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Nothing?

3. i've got it here somewhere.......i'm in the process of indexing all my stuff and as soon as i run across it,i'll get you one........but i've got a big pile to sort thru,so it could take a while

4. KimblesNimble

KimblesNimble

Jan 10, 2008
    Sounds pretty strairt forward, just play eigth notes on the roots. I think theres one fill that appears a few times throughout the song. I think the chord progression is:

D

C - D

B - D

G

So (if this is at all correct), you can play 5th fret A string for the most part for the D chord, then 3rd fret. and 2nd fret for the C and B chords. Down to 3rd fret E string for G chords. The fill sounds like a simple walk from A up to D (A, B, C#, D). Hope that helps in some way. This could be all wrong I'm in front of a computer at work.

5. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    anything to get me started-thanks!!

6. Look and search on the guitar tab sites. They should have it.

The song is written for guitar in Open G tuning. So, if you're familiar with a lot of Stones and Crowes songs, you'll know the feel.

But basically, it's:
    Intro and verse: D
    Chorus: D C D B D G
    Outro of chorus and the outro of the song (or whatever its called) is alternating C and G

Each of the Ds, Cs and Gs have that classic Stones feel and riff to it. For the Ds its G/D, the Cs its F/C and the Gs, its C/G.

This and a few other Stones songs are what I switch off with our guitar player as I love playing open G tuning.

7. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Awesome, man- THANKS!

8. KimblesNimble

KimblesNimble

Jan 10, 2008
    Dutchboy you stole my thunder

9. I know this song because my band wants to play it. It took about 14 seconds of listening to figured it out. This is a song based on the G Mixolydian mode. There is no progression, it's just "G". So this means, if you play the G mixolydian, any note will fit, whether as a fill or as just part of the covered bassline. The majority of rock is some kind of mixolydian in whatever key. If you learn this mode, you will never have to ask about tabs again.

The reason this works, is that rock is generally a blues based I-IV-V progression, except in typical western music theory, the I is Ionian, the IV is Lydian and the V is Mixolydian.

In the blues and therefore 99% of rock however, the I-IV-V chords are all dominant chords therefore all are mixolydian. This is why the blues cannot be analyzed with western music theory. The blues and therefore rock is "slang". It works because we have all agreed it works.

If I say I'm chillin' in the crib, that literally means I'm cold in a baby's bed. But we have all "agreed" that it means, I'm relaxing at home. Same with the blues. We agree that it works.

So say you have a blues or rock song in "G": G is I, C is IV and D is V, but all of these are dominant chords so if you play the mixolydian mode for each key as the song progresses, you can do fills, play the bass line and and have the whole song down in about 30 seconds and luckily enough, as I said, standard rock rarely varies from this formula. If it does, it's considered a "hard" song, lol. I doubt you're gonna be doing Yes songs on a gig, though...

This is simplistic, but just suffice it to say, if you learn what a mixolydian mode is (if you don't know already), you will have the "magic finger dust" key to rock-n-roll.

10. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Thanks very much for the theory assist. My guitarist is also helping me with it and he even provided me with a basic bass theory book.
    48 years old and Im FINALLY learning some theory!:hyper:

11. found it....pm a snail mail if you still need it