Jealous Ex Band Member

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Gia, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    My band at school recently won the "Christmas Talent Show" (yeah I know, such an achievement :rolleyes: ) with our, and I quote, "rousing rendition of Blondie's One Way Or Another".
    We had to change the singer and drummer at the last minute because our drummer (who couldn't really play anyway) broke her arm. The plan was to simply swap the singer and the drummer, but in accordance with the stereotype the singer got grumpy and said "I don't want to do it if I can't sing". So we let her quit and got a new drummer, one who could actually play very well, and let our previous drummer sing.
    Our old singer was also in the talent show singing Hotel California and playing the piano. She really really thought she was going to win and completely blanked us in the week before the talent show.
    When we won she was really crushed and wouldn't talk to anyone at all.
    I wouldn't have minded too much as I didn't know her that well, but she was best friends with the other people in the band before she quit.

Anyway, has anyone had this problem of "jealous ex band members" ?

G :)
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Well, some people just don't take losing very well, and some people are so insecure that they'll think being better than them is somehow your fault and not theirs.

I have no experience about jealouse band members but I did once out-perform this very loudly bragging fellow in final examns of a long course and well, he didn't take it very well - he actually physically attacked me when we were alone.

But then again, that's just how some people are.

*giggles uncontrollably*

I can understand your feeling, but she can't expect the world to kowtow to her. The sooner she accepts the fact that she will be disappointed, and she will fail, the better off she'll be. It can be hard, but if you go and smother her and do whatever for her you'll just end up regretting it when she starts whining to you again.

Either she'll learn, or she won't, its not your fault.
  4. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
  5. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    I see your primate and raise you a

6. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    Suck on this, wolf-zippy hybrid

[​IMG] mad photoshop skillz :rolleyes:
  7. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    :eek: Look it's someone who's defiantly not you.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd say this thread definitely was defiantly hijacked.
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

interesting... how did you come to this conclusion?
  10. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    i said:

<font size=30>
    WE WIN.
  11. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    at least said ex-member is not trying to book names for you in places you won't play/at the same time as another gig so as to drag your name throguh the mud... :mad:
  12. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    knock knock

who is there?

me who?

We Win.
  13. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Getting back to the topic, I'll keep you posted. Our first drummer quit before we got signed. As for now, he's real cool about things. He's also my next door neighbor.