1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jeff Andrews Instructional videos

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Christian Houmann, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Have anyone used those Instructional videos that you can buy from www.jeffandrews.com?

Are they good?

-Christian

2. Anyone?

3. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Nope haven't tried them.

The website seems to say pretty much... I'm not sure similar stuff can't be found for free though....

There's a post on these board, not sure the link, that has jams for bass to play over and they're great. Search for "free bass jam tracks" or something along those lines to find it. It's very helpful. You should be able to hear when you're way off.

4. I haven't seen them, but the one with the walking bass/triplet exercise sounds very interesting.

5. VroomVroom

VroomVroom Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of "distance" (i.e. audio/video, one-way, no direct or real-time interaction) learning, but the content looks to be very well presented. Plus, Jeff Andrews is an amazing bassist. Obviously that doesn't mean he's an amazing teacher, but he's what I and a number of my cronies call a bassist's bass player. Groove, swing, soul, heart...they're all in there right next to some incredible chops and knowledge of the language of music.

6. reitedasc

reitedasc

Jun 23, 2005
    Norway
    Off topic: What is that funky looking jbass on his page?

7. Thanks guys!

Jeff is an amazing player..

8. NickBass81

NickBass81

Jul 4, 2008
    Rovigo(Italy)
    Endorsing Bulkmusic Strings
    I like him a lot....I like especially his tone, very middle-rangy and clear...he palys always in a very musical way and he's a terrific soloist!!