1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jeff Beck, Last Night in Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bluewine, Apr 19, 2009.

1. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    The concert was at our small Turner Hall.

It had been sold out for 2 months.I was calling in everyday to see if they were going to release anymore tickets.

No such luck, however at 3:30 yesterday afternoon, my guitar teacher called me up and told me he had two tickets waiting for me at Will Call (free) He got them from a local Fender Rep.

I got there early and was about 3 feet away from Jeff Beck in front of the stage.

The Bass player is this 21 year old woman from Austrialia, she was just a out of this world. Her Sadowsky (she's sponsored) and her EBS rig was tight.

Anyone else seen this show?
    blue

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    off topic is for non-music related topics. i'll move this. :)

3. So you've discovered Tal Wilkenfeld.......Primo show, I'm sure. Did they have a tour "board mix" cd for sale(a steal fer $10)? Those are some of my favorite performances.

Josh

4. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    Jeff always blows me away and takes me to a different world. The hour and a half set from last night was no exception.

Wilkenfeld was about as refreshing as it gets, seeing someone 21 do that stuff. They did this thing where she comes up to Jeff and Jeff plays a riff on the low E on her bass and she was soloing up in the 13th frets. It was very cool, not a gimmick Jeff was serious.

5. 3rdBass

3rdBass Funk in A Supporting Member

Caught their first stop in Scranton, PA.
    Go get their Live @ Ronnie Scott's DVD.
    Ranks as one of the top 10 live concert experiences in my life.

Photo by Daniel McIver on Facebook.

[​IMG]

6. Funky-Wunky

Funky-Wunky

Jun 15, 2004
    Maryland
    No doubt, the little gal can really get after it.

7. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    I was there too(12th time I think)-just off to center of Jeff's pedal board in 2nd row...an "other-worldly" guitar performance-as no one else can, as usual by Jeff...and the band was extremely tight,Powered by Vinnie C. who barely took his eyes off Jeff who was rearranging some of the songs last night. Yeah-Tal played a few great solos-when have you ever seen Beck let a bassist play even one-but more than one...it seems that Jeff has practically adopted her-wow...the gig of a lifetime for her!! There were also about 4 new songs by my count, and he seems to be having more fun every time I see him :bassist: and in extremely good form last night, pushing himself and the band hard!! Its unbelievable how much he keeps getting better musically and more creative. I hope his new cd later this year sells millions for him-he reallly finally desrves the recognition he is now getting (Finally getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...Give me a Break!!). A great night!! For those of you on the west coast who have tickets -you are going to have a great time!!! Peace...DAcat :cool:

8. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    I really want to see this show. I think Tal is a wonderful player and Jeff has always been amazing. I really wish BBA had worked out for Jeff since I am a HUGE Tim Bogert fan, but I am glad to see he is promoting a deserving young talent like Tal. Jeff Beck, like Clapton delivers every time, regardless of who's playing bass-

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's been a while since I have seen Beck, but it is a great experience.

10. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    To any one who saw Jeff-How did you like the Peter Gunn Theme? If you have'nt seen it just search youtube. I thought he totally ripped it up...Awesome...and he just brought down the house with "A Day in The Life" his tribute to George Harrison...I STILL get goose bumps thinking about this concert...Peace...DAcat...:cool: