1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jeff Berlin and Victor Wooten jamming together!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Baryonyx, Jun 6, 2007.

1. lpjiang

lpjiang Finally a Roscoehead

Jul 15, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I was there, too, and took a bunch of pictures during the clinic.
    It's only one minor part of the whole thing, the full version should be accessible from Bass Player TV in the future.
    Here's one funny picture after the clinic:

416194491_7800010e5f.jpg

2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Jeff sure loves his boxing! And the Star Spangled Banner too, it seems...

3. That shot is a classic! Thanks for posting.

4. regarding Jeff slaying Jaco... are you serious? jeff laid no support and jaco was finding it hard to play with him... jaco plays lines you can sing... and Tears in Heaven is disgusting... to take a song that personal and introspective and making ir a grounds for his tasteless chops... i feel disgraced as a bassist.

5. Awesome!

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Call me a simpleton - I dug it.
    Two monster players who come from very different places and had a pretty interesting musical conversation.
    I'd love to have half that ability to articulate my ideas and feelings.

7. Don't eff with Jeff Berlin :D

berlin_2.jpg

8. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    +1

I agree. I enjoyed it. I feel like Jeff comes from more of a jazz background where vic finds funk when he can and makes it work no matter what. I've watched Jeff many times in video and I love his playing to death... I just feel some spots it doesn't click. This video IMO wasn't one of them. They both sounded great! :)

9. Same here. There can't be absolute magic every single time someone plays.

I just saw scofield live and it was very non-magic (to put it lightly). It doesn't change anything about them being monster players.

10. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Jeff Berlin's playing hurts my ears.

I'm not sure if it is the total lack of melody or the nasal tone - either way, it's not my cup of tea.

11. Man...Vic's ideas were beyond beautiful in that solo, and his grooving/comping was worthy of a master class in its own right. Wow. Thanks for sharing this!

12. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    +1 Was it just an off-the-cuff jam? Lot of over-analyzing going on here. They're both on a plane far above anything I'll ever reach! Thanks for posting the clip! :p

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021