Jeff Buckley's Last goodbye

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Ruud Das, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Ok, I'm going to try something tricky here.
    Our singer/guitarist wants to play Jeff Buckley's last goodbye as his piece for his music exam. Now he has asked me to play bass for him. Of course I agreed, but.... I have to figure out the song by hanging with my ear over a 1 inch speaker on my notebook. Which means I hardly hear any bass at all, add to that te fact that I'm not sop great at figuring out song, you can guess my problem. The bassline in the beginning is simple, but I just can't figure out the rest of the song, not too hard or anything, just inaudible. So, if any of you have a decent tab OR STANDARD NOTATION (for all you anti-tabbers. I actually would prefer standard notation, though I doubt anyone would take the time to write out this song) for this song I would really appreciate it. I've searched all tab archives I know off.

Thanks, Ruud
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Great song - but apart from the little riff,which is the bit you probably already have; the bassline sounds very simple - although it sounds very low - possibly a 5-string?

It only sounds like one or two notes to me - I would suggest asking the guitarist and sticking pretty much to roots of the chords he is playing. I mean if he is playing this for a music exam - he must know what chords he is playing!
  3. Thanks for the input. Hey, maybe I can now actually use my fifth string!!!!