Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jeff Coffin at school! We jammed!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    My band teacher is friends with him, and he's coming to do a free clinic at my school! I've met him before at the soundcheck when they palyed here in lowell, but i never had a chance to chill with any of them. This is so awesome!

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Cool, I'm jealous! :hyper:

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Nice, that should be very cool.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wikkid, Coffin is the man. Totally watched him rock two saxes at the flecktones show I saw him at.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I need to get out more.

-Mike

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Victor's older brother(Rudy) used to routinely play two saxes, at the same time, way back when.
    How 'bout Roland Kirk? He would somehow shove three horns/woodwind instruments in his piehole & make music.
    ;)

7. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Hey Whafro are you at Andover High or have you moved on? Do you know who the band teacher is at Andover these days? Just curious because that's where I graduated.....ahem.....a little while ago.....ahem. Jeff's a great guy too hung with him alot when we were both playing Telluride Bluegrass a few years back. Wow, Andover...it's been a while.

8. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    I wish I had a cool last name like Coffin. :(

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    So he came to my school today, and I have a fourth block "study" with a few other musicians in the band room (where the clinic would be held). The clinic is at 4:00, and he arrives at 12:00. So me and my friends are sitting and talking to him, and he tells us of his trip to india and shows pictures, and talks about music. Then we jam to this Miles Davis tune, I forget which one. It was just REALLY REALLY COOL. Then at the clinic, I was part of the rhythm section, and got compliments and everything :hyper: . In the end I said thanks, and we chatted for a little bit and I was invited to his boston show on the 22nd. :-D.

10. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    That is awesome, Congrats!

How's his solo album btw, i really like his playing.

11. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    When?!?! I'm comming!

12. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Eight and a half hours ago.

13. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Hey look! It's me and jeff coffin!

[​IMG]

14. That's just infinitely cool.

15. Wow, I'm so jealous of you! :)

16. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Jeff in the Collins Center....who'd a thought? Very cool Whafro...

17. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I guess I should have read the whole thread and not let my excitment get to me. Hope you had fun, hopefully I'll see ya at the wooten concert in somerville.

18. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'ma gonna get my ticket tonight. Problem is that my seat will suck, oh well.