Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

jeff, colin, and ben

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by savagelucy, Jul 16, 2002.

1. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    hey everyone,
    i was just wondering what everyone's opinions on the following bassists were. include favourite albums, if you would, too.

- jeff ament from pearl jam

- colin greenwood from radiohead

- ben shepard from soundgarden

2. Oh man, you've got such great taste!

Jeff Ament is and awesome player and songwriter. The fact that he writes songs has to do a lot with his style, fitting every song perfectly. I believe some of his best work to be on VS, i love the bass solo on "Blood".

Colin Greenwood is the most underrated bassist ever. His beautiful melodic lines are everywhere on "The Bends" and "OK Computer". His style is so different and so perfect. One of my fav lines is the one on "Talk Show Host".

3. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    cool,
    these guys arew some of my favourite bassists too. even though i'm just getting into radiohead i think colin rocks.

4. All good in my opinion.

I like Colin's work on "OK Computer".

It's a little harder to choose with Jeff and Ben.

5. savagelucy

savagelucy

Apr 27, 2002
    Canada
    my favourite for Ben is "Down On The Upside". kick-a** album.

6. I agree with relman that Colin is the most underrated bassist ever. I really love his style. If I had to pick his best album, I'd go for the Bends, although the bass should have been higher in the mix, IMO.