1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jeff Healey RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Marcus Johnson, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Great guitar player and unique musician. Big loss to Canada and the world.

2. ZachDad

ZachDad

Aug 11, 2007
    Texas
    I had not heard this. Got to play with Jeff in Kansas City in the late 80's, very interesting cat and nice guy! He will be missed.

3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    What a loss - he was a cool guitar player and a huge jazz fan, not to mention an object lesson in going after your dreams no matter the difficulties.

I remember hearing him say on his jazz show on CJRT in Toronto that he played rock so he could afford to pursue his passion, Dixieland Jazz. :)

He'll be missed.

4. neal davis

neal davis

Dec 29, 2006
    toronto canada
    I remember one of the first jazz gigs I ever did on double bass was with Jeff on cornet and a trombone player who has also passed that was without legs in a wheel chair, we were playing dixieland tunes and there were many jokes going on back and forth between them about their perdicaments. I remember a lady came up to Jeff and was telling him about how she met him years back at a party and had a good time hanging out with him, after she left he said "I've never seen her in my entire life"

good guy

he will be missed

5. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Folks from outside Canada may not appreciate how big a scholar of old jazz Jeff Healey was. Immensely knowledgeable -- if you're a fan of the music it was tremendously enjoyable to listen to his radio show on the CBC.

It's a very sad loss to music -- he would have contributed so much more.

6. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    RIP, JH...

7. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I was just thinking about Jeff Healey yesterday. Weird.

Shame.