Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jens Ritter Basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by beavrangers, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Today, Jens Ritter all the way from Germany did a bass clinic the music store if go to, Revolution Music. The store recently purchased two of his fine basses. He went into detail about the construction and appreciation of these great pieces of work. I was wondering if anybody else feels the same. You can take a look at them here - http://www.ritter-basses.com/index.htm
    I also think talkbass.com did an interview with him. Drop in ur opinion about his basses and what not. I think they are awesome. :D :bassist:

2. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    the store had a booth set up in Montreal during the jazz fest where I got to see and touch the black 5er (Roya I think but could have been Classic) The neck and fret work were unbelievable and the bass on the whole was breath taking. Apparently the other one in the shop is an even higher end model, with the slimbuck pickups and all.

3. Nice, the Revolution Music that im talking about is in Oakville, just outside of Toronto. Not that it matters at all, but im just lettin everbody know.

4. Fasoldt Basses

Fasoldt Basses

Mar 22, 2005
    Stevens Point, WI
    Karl Thompson, Builder (Formerly Fat Karl)
    Ritter basses are definately amazing. I have yet to play one but it can be seen from the website that indeed Mr. Ritter and his assistant, Dr. Daniel have set a very high standard in design and craftsmanship.

5. They have raised the bar BIG TIME!!! A GREAT company to work with!!!

6. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Gosh darn, I drove by there today. :crying: What models did they get?

7. Uhm, i dunno exactly. They are both 5-string models. And after checking the website, I think they are two of the Roya models. Better yet you can go in and check yourself. ;)

8. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    a frosted black Roya 5 with birdseye fingerboard and pickup covers (the massive humbucker ones).

The other one was a 5 somehting or other and I think it has the late lounge finish (from what I remmeber the guy telling me) He told me it was a pretty high(er) end model, with quite a few options.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The highlight of my recent trip to Atlanta was being able to play a Ritter that was in JT's possession. It was an amazing instrument. Only rivaled by the Jerzy Drozd he handed me after I set the Ritter down. On the JD website, they call themselves the "Bass Art Company". So true. When you start mixing in company with these builders and others like Nordstrand and Benavante, you are buying more than a musical instrument.

-Mike

10. I defnitely feel the same !!! These pieces of art( i refuse to call them instruments ;) ) are absolutely sick... in a good way. Jens will show us some of his work next month at the GTG
    He's also one of the friendliest guy you'll ever meet :)

you'll find it here

11. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Jens finds some of the most wild and alive figured maple i have ever seen.