Jens Ritter brutally hacked!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by westland, Sep 24, 2005.

1. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    The attached photo says it all ...

Attached Files:

2. good rats

good rats

Jul 8, 2005
    I wish I knew what you were talking about. :(
  3. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    so assholy teenager hacked their site and defaced their ****. I swear if those punks ever came across a real hacker, I think they'd crap their pants.
  4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    What a pro! hacking a luthier's website, whats next? hacking the i love buttplugs site?
  5. weeding

May 17, 2005
    I would really love to find the pasty kid that did that, and beat him over the head with a Wish bass, many many times!!!!
  6. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I dislike the look of most Ritter basses I've seen so far and can't imagine myself ever getting one, but I didn't do it, honest!

I doubt this was done by a Ritter hater, though, don't hacker kiddies usually just search the Net for vulnerable sites?
  7. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Well, they did leave their MSN addresses there, perhaps someone should write them and ask them to at least change that weird Turkish rap tune.

dorks. :-/
  8. Tyler_W

Jun 15, 2005
    Woodbridge, VA

9. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    They only hacked the forums, phpBB forums get hacked by script kiddies who think they're cool all the time, fact of life. You don't wanna get hacked? Use vBulletin like TB or Invision Power Board. Still pathetic though, hacking phpBB involves a copy + paste and then pressing enter. Wow, what incredible skills.
  10. I like the fact that just the front is hacked, so if you click on a forum there's nothing malfunctioning or whatever

that's really stupid
  11. Every time I read the word "hacked" I start this little rant.

"Hacking" is harmless. The REAL hackers are the people responsible for open-source software such as Linux. They are people, such as programmers, that enjoy working with computers and try to learn a lot about them. One may "hack" into a system to prove that it is vulnerable, and then email the author with a suggested fix.

This was not a hack.

This is cracking: the defacing of websites, and it is malicious. And it's done by mostly teenagers. I've dealt with a few of them before. The funny thing is, it's easy to trace them down. I once had such a lowlife bugging a friend of mine (a girl who knew nothing about computers). I ended up giving the guy so many detail about himself that I scared him senseless.

</rant mode>

At least they left everything in place. Because of this I also think they didn't really crack the site, they just exploited a little hole in the software. I also noted the version of the forum is still 2.0.11. Last time I checked, they were up to 2.0.17. Keep your software updated people.
  12. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    But if he had done it to the wish bass site, would you have cared? :eyebrow:

Really, it's a serious question.
  13. When I go to other parts of the forums. No one is saying anything about it. You'd think there would be posts all over that are "OMG!?!! HACKED!?!"

Not that people talk like that... but still...
  14. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    omfg what a 1337 h4XX0r
  15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Good point.
    Shot down.

I added one of them to MSN and it's quite hard to make good conversation with someone who doesn't speak the language.
    But, he did flaunt that he "was a turkish hacker" It seemed to be the only English he could speak.
  16. HAH!