Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jensen Mod 10-50-32's as replacement speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnbegone, Jul 28, 2005.

1. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    How well are these Jensen's going to mix with the sound of a vintage 8x10? I've got two speakers to replace, one got a hole in it and the other just buzzes so I want to replace it, but I don't want to sacrifice tone.

I've never had a speaker reconed, and I don't know if that's a viable option for me right now, but I'm not against the idea if someone can explain it to me and can show me a place where it's as affordable as buying these Jensen's new. Or atleast give me a reason why I should recone and not buy new, more reliable speakers.

thanks

2. The best argument for reconing is that you will still have the drivers that were intended for that cab. Dropping a new driver in doesn't work well unless the cab is designed around the paramaters of the speaker.

If you tell us what cab you have or give us the internal dimentions you will get a lot of recommendations. If you don't then nobody will be able to help you.

3. johnbegone

johnbegone

Sep 16, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    it's just an ampeg svt-810