1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jeordie White/Twiggy Ramerez Tone on Last tour on earth...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by paradigm_shift, Aug 28, 2007.

1. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Title says it all really, I'm realy impressed with the tone he achieves on this cd.And him on bass as a whole,not overly technical by any means but he fits the song.What gear was used on this tour? Particularly on track two of the cd?Or even what gear could be used to achieve it? I'm Picking a slight distortion maybe,Any Ideas?

Btw is this the right section for this?

2. bastom

bastom

Feb 15, 2006
    Belgium
  3. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Cheers,I'd already had a look there, Given the large range of gear listed I was in hope that someone might know about this one specifically..

Hey I can live in hope cant I?:)

4. Yay, I can spread some Twiggy Knowledge.

Twiggy, always, ALWAYS used Ampeg heads. SVT Pro's I believe.

On that tour he used his Gibson Thunderbirds, through a I think a Shure wireless system. Two SVT 810's being puhed by two of those SVT's. Cabs were miced.

His tone is mainly the heavy distortion + the Gibsons. I asked recently about his tone and what I got is he uses the MXR distortion/DI box to get that "bwah" type sound. It's not really apparent on the LTOE cd, but it is on the Guns, God and Government tour though. Theres a Twiggy setting in the manual.

Base Tendencies is pretty outdated and doesn't really go into detail/have EVERYTHING he has/used.

He's pretty friendly though, I'm sure if you stick around after a NIN show you'll see him. Just ask and he'll tell you, if he remembers. Whatever that distortion pedal was though, he used it from when he joined manson to when he left. Thats A LOT of abuse. Same goes for his White Thunderbird... that has flown (no pun intended) though Gingers drumset numerous times for 10 years...

5. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    I'm in New Zealand, as much fun as that sounds, I dont think NIN have been here in atleast 10 years.Bt cheers for that, I'l check out that distortion for a start

6. I found his tone ion Mexhanical Animals to be awesome... I really want something like that. He's an awesome muscician.

7. BeadyEyedGirl

BeadyEyedGirl

Mar 24, 2014
    I'm soo glad someone asked this question, as I love Twiggy's playing. As Tbirdbassist said, base tendencies doesn't tend to have everything, so thanks for your great answer :). The tone he achieves in general is awesome, but on the LTOE cd it's something special IMO.
    Btw, I just joined the forum, so sorry for posting in here and resurrecting the thread!