Jericho Alpha Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flashgod, Nov 12, 2019.

1. I assume, that there will be not so many TBer owning a Jericho Bass. Nevertheless I like to open up this Club for all the Jericho owners here and people with interest purchasing one of these fine instruments.

My Jericho Alpha journey began in the TB Fender Aerodyne Club. I am a big fan of the Aerodyne, because for me, they are the most beautiful Fender bass guitars available. But I always had some issues with my Aerodyne. First of all it is a fingerprint magnet, second I do not like the fingerboard radius of 7,25".
    I think that the volume of each springs with the J pickup is not balanced. E and G string is always to loud can only be fixed by using a compressor. At a certain point somebody recommended the Jericho Alpha.
    I checked the website and was immediately blown away. The Alpha Blacker was basically the blueprint of my Aerodyne based dream bass:
    All Black, with a curved ash body, matte finish, binding, ebony fingerboard, HipShot gear and a 35" scale

They offered at that time a special sale and I was so exited, that I just hit the order button, not knowing what to expect in reality.
    Well, what can I say. It turned out, that this instrument became one of my main goers.
    First of all you have to realize, that Jericho has no distributors and music stores. With their online distribution strategy, they can offer the instruments basically 30-40% cheaper than comparable brands.
    In fact, the instrument is quality wise on the same level like a Lakland Skyline, Sanberg or MIA Fender for a price below 1000 $.
    The biggest surprise for me were the StewMac Golden Age pickups. We all know them for their tools and stuff, but I never heard from anybody, using their pickups. I can tell you, that for my ears, they are the best sounding P-Style pickups in my arsenal.
    The bass looks like, if it was made for modern metal, using a hot wired aggressive pickup.
    But it is more than that:
    Jericho has installed the finest sounding pickup, I can imagine. It is warm and vintage sounding with a very balanced cut though the mix. Most of the time I only use the front pickup, because for me the sound does not require an additional J pickup. But if you do, you can achieve these modern sounds, especially with some pedal effects dialed in.

If you are looking for a bass with vintage P character and a special fade to black, Jericho might have something for you. IMO you wont be disappointed.

For all of those, who already dialed into Jericho, pls share your thought and photos.

IMG_E8901.JPG IMG_E8902.JPG IMG_E8904.JPG IMG_E8905.JPG IMG_E8906.JPG

pacojas, tdstiayw, PizzaFiend and 3 others like this.
  2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    First time I've ever heard of them or seen one but like their take on the J bass body shape.

3. More info and better pics here:
    Jericho Guitars | ALPHA

4. Any Jericho owners here?

5. Not an owner but I do love this PJ’s. Super slick. I was GASing hard until I found Serek...

6. nice, which model did you choose?
    The Jericho looks super slick.
    The 35" scale makes the E string real fat and powerful. Also the string tension is a bit higher (using normal tuning), good for pick playing.

7. I have my “one” in a Gibson Grabber, and being poor it’ll be some time before I buy a new bass (unless I win the lottery, then one of everything). The Grabbers have a 34.5” scale which handles drop tuning amazingly well without being a huge reach for the lowest notes!

flashgod likes this.
  8. I don’t get tired to praise the Jericho Alpha Bass. This bass kill all of my P Style Basses: Fender Aerodyne and Lakland Skyline 44-64. I don’t know why, I just dig that beast.
    8B8F4836-59F8-4BB1-B058-55B461D19DDD.jpeg

PizzaFiend likes this.
  9. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    Wow! You weren’t kidding when you said,
    I am very grateful to you that I am the second. I fell in love with yours the moment I saw it (your photography skills are exceptional by the way <grin>), and the comment about them going out of production raised the urgency for me to get one before they were all gone. Checking the Jericho site, the only remaining in stock were lefties. I found a seller on Reverb that had a Blacker 4 and a Black 5. A few answered messages later and the Blacker 4 was on its way. It was described as “mint” in the listing, and so it was when I received it, still in the original packaging, not a fingerprint to be found. It’s currently set up and tuned to EADG, but this thing opens up possibilities for lower tuning and I’m seriously considering getting heavier strings to experiment with that. Not that I have a particular need, but I’ve never really been a 5er fan, yet I sometimes want that low C. I do have a Hipshot Xtender on the way anyway; I use them often enough.

So yes, now there’s two of us to sing the song of praise to the Jericho Alpha! It’s definitely a song worth singing!

48735C08-8E74-4659-B1D4-D7D6D847C0A8_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    B-Mac and flashgod like this.
  10. Wow, you reanimated this club and digged it out of the deepest TB corners.
    Congratulations: you are officially member number 2, hopefully not the last member joining this fantastic and delicate club.

PizzaFiend likes this.
  11. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    She’s in good company now.

69BEE0B9-F303-482E-8026-7ED36949B4B8_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    tdstiayw, B-Mac and flashgod like this.
  12. What a nice collection. Thats a wall of sound. I see some similarities. Here are my couch potato’s 8F4C9C4B-940B-4835-B6DF-8156C9577DBA.jpeg

PizzaFiend likes this.
  13. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    Wow! Very nice! And yes, a lot of similarity there. Cool!

14. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    Minor disappointment with the Alpha today. I bought a Hipshot BT1 Xtender for it and unlike the Sting Ray, there just isn't quite enough room between the E and G tuners for it to fit properly. Very very close, but just not there. It's not the end of the world by any stretch of the imagination, but it would've been nice to have.

15. I once saw here somebody installing a D-Tuner on an Alpha. I remember that he was complaining about the tight spacing on the headstock.
    I think if you chance the position of the G-String Tuner on the back a little bit, it might fit with the D-Tuner.
    IMG_E8905.JPG

PizzaFiend likes this.
  16. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    Yeah, there’s probably a way to modify it to make it work. I don’t want it that bad. :cool:

17. It is simply an awesome looking and sounding bass. No need for any mods.
    At the moment I have big GAS for the new Sire P10, but I try to get rid of that urge, because I am so happy with my Alpha.

PizzaFiend likes this.
  18. PizzaFiend

PizzaFiend

Oct 4, 2019
    USA, Earth
    I’ve found that kind of logic to be short lived. I am very happy with all of my basses, yet the GAS overwhelms eventually :D

flashgod likes this.
  19. I totally agree, only my wife she does not understand at all

PizzaFiend likes this.
  20. deff

deff Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Gloucester, MA
    If Jericho made a 35" pbass body model, I'd be all over it. The jazz bass shape doesn't agree with me. That being said, they are really nice basses. A friend has one of their guitars which also seem pretty outstanding.

PizzaFiend and flashgod like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021