Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerry Cantrell anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have always liked Alice In Chains so I was at the store today and picked up a Jerry Cantrell album randomly. It's pretty good, nothing phenominal, but it's something good to put in a rock out a little while. Anyone else dig him?

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have Boggy Depot and think it's an excellent album. (love the fretless playing in Settling Down) He's a good guitarist and a good songwriter.

It's a shame about Layne, though. :(

3. I couldn't find any of his cds last time I looked at the places around here, but I want his cds. Big Alice in Chains fan and it is too bad about Layne. Which reminds me, I should call the girl named Layne I met, see if she is still trying to put a band together and needs a bassist. It was over a year ago, so :meh: Oh well, back on topic, I will probably buy cds off the internet if I need to.

4. I love the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff. He has some real bada** songs; Spider bite, Dickeye, keep the light on. Check out some of the tunes on Degredation trip, worthwhile IMO.

5. i have heard good reviews of both "boggy depot" and "degredation trip". lately i have been listening a lot to the last alice in chains album, which is surprisingly better than i thought it was at the time it came out. it's overproduced, but the songwriting is really cool.

this reminds me, i still need to buy "jar of flies". alice in chains was a very versatile band with very talented players. i miss them.

robb.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    When we had a rock radio station around here (it became Country, add that to the 7 other country stations :rollno: ) They played his solo stuff a lot. I really dug it.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

recordings might give the thread more life.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think he is a very talented song writer. :bassist: