1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jerry Cantrell anyone?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have always liked Alice In Chains so I was at the store today and picked up a Jerry Cantrell album randomly. It's pretty good, nothing phenominal, but it's something good to put in a rock out a little while. Anyone else dig him?

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have Boggy Depot and think it's an excellent album. (love the fretless playing in Settling Down) He's a good guitarist and a good songwriter.

It's a shame about Layne, though. :(

3. I couldn't find any of his cds last time I looked at the places around here, but I want his cds. Big Alice in Chains fan and it is too bad about Layne. Which reminds me, I should call the girl named Layne I met, see if she is still trying to put a band together and needs a bassist. It was over a year ago, so :meh: Oh well, back on topic, I will probably buy cds off the internet if I need to.

4. I love the Jerry Cantrell solo stuff. He has some real bada** songs; Spider bite, Dickeye, keep the light on. Check out some of the tunes on Degredation trip, worthwhile IMO.

5. i have heard good reviews of both "boggy depot" and "degredation trip". lately i have been listening a lot to the last alice in chains album, which is surprisingly better than i thought it was at the time it came out. it's overproduced, but the songwriting is really cool.

this reminds me, i still need to buy "jar of flies". alice in chains was a very versatile band with very talented players. i miss them.

robb.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    When we had a rock radio station around here (it became Country, add that to the 7 other country stations :rollno: ) They played his solo stuff a lot. I really dug it.

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

recordings might give the thread more life.

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I think he is a very talented song writer. :bassist: