Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerry Jones Longhorn Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BluePinkGreen, Jan 14, 2003.

1. BluePinkGreen

BluePinkGreen

Feb 24, 2002
    Auburn, CA
    Ok, I read up on what everybody thinks about the DC Longhorn bass and decided not to get one, but since I absolutely think they are the coolest looking basses there are (and I recalled one of weezers past bass players had a longhorn bass) I found out Jerry Jones makes a Longhorn bass. anybody know anything about these?

2. TheLarch

TheLarch Supporting Member

Excellent bass!!! - make sure you find one that has the intonatable "Neptune" bridge as compared to the wood chunk bridge. The wood bridge works just fine but it takes a great deal of skill and trial and error to get the intonation right. You should be able to find one on Ebay for about $450-$500.

3. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    California
    Weezer's bassist Matt Sharp briefly used one. According to him the thing couldn't stay in tune for their half-step-down songs.

To me, they look really cool, I enjoy the paintjobs on them. Tone? Sorry, never played one, heck I've never really ever tested any basses. :(