Jerry Jones Longhorn Bass4 Setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SoldierOfPrayze, Mar 21, 2011.

1. SoldierOfPrayze

SoldierOfPrayze

Mar 19, 2011
    Just got hold of a '92 JJ Longhorn and want to replace the dead rounds on it with a set of D'Addario Chrome Flats I ordered. My question is since this bass has that rosewood bridge is this going to be difficult to setup? Anyone here know where I can find good setup instructions for this bass?

Joe

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    You have to angle it so that you get a close proximity to intonation for all strings. You might have to choose which string(s) you want to be spot on and get close for the rest. I think there's a screw that tightens that block Generally the angle gets further from the nut on the G side. Check how close it is at the moment.

I tried a JJ with Chromes and did not like them. I prefer TIs, even on short scale.

Maybe look for a Danelectro or Silvertone forum as they had those bridges.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    +1 for waxcomb. you can get it pretty close with the rosewood bridge. there is a screw under the bridge holding it on, and you can loosen it and slide the rosewood around to adjust intonation. i have a 2010 dano longhorn, and the way i do it is to get the E and G string intonated, then hope the other two are close. in my case, the A was dead on and the D was slightly off. close enough for my tastes ;)

4. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    '90s JJs rule! i have a copper single-cut two pickup guitar that's just fantastic.

5. SoldierOfPrayze

SoldierOfPrayze

Mar 19, 2011
    Thanks guys!