SOLD Jerry Jones Natpune Longhorn Bass - $675

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassology, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Up for sale is a Jerry Jones Naptune Longhorn bass, 30" scale neck with 2 lipstick pickups. I got the bass used awhile back, and according to its original owner, it was a custom order from the factory. The tone knob was wired to only affect the bridge pickup. None of less, this is an amazing bass with a very warm tone, and easy neck for playing up and down. Super clean condition, no visbale scratch or marks. It comes with a $130 hardshell case.

**$675 $625 shipped within continental of USA and Canada. I would also consider trading it for a low wattage bass tube amp.

Features:
    • nut width is 1 5/8"
    • 30" scale length and a 24 fret neck
    • Indian rosewood fingerboard w/14.5" radius
    • trussrod adjustment accessible at the heel
    • quality enclosed Gotoh® tuning key
    • hum-canceling pickup wiring
    • our own balanced Lipstick tube pickups
    • quality Gotoh® bridge w/adjustable saddles

CIMG3359.jpg
    CIMG3358.jpg
    CIMG3363.jpg

2. Gries Amps

Gries Amps Commercial User

May 14, 2008
    Mattapoisett, MA
    Owner, Gries Amplification
    Is that two volumes & one tone control or is one of the knobs a rotary pickup switch?

3. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    There's no rotary pickup swtich on this one. Two volumes and one tone control.

4. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    BUMP :D

5. The Jerry Jones' are amazing instruments and have nothing in common with the Dan Electros from Korea other than shape. The JJs material is hard maple with the highest quality materials and build... equal to any custom, hand made builder. I believe the pickups are wound at the shop and for the earlier models, the bridges were hand milled.

I've played both, the long horn bass and a short horn 6 string. The tone is really nice... If you are looking for that mid-late 60s bass thump, this does it easily. I put flats on it later and used in place of a double bass... yeah, rock-a-billy. It killed.

6. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks for the comment, TAZ. :)

Jerry Jones is really nothing like the Danelectros reissue. In my opinion, far more superior in quality. I currently have the bass set up with goundwound strings, it not only maintains that motown like low end, but it also adds snaps in the high registers.

By the way, I am lowering the price down to $625!!!

7. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man, great price on a great bass !

8. anthonybass

anthonybass

Jun 3, 2010
    still for sale. im interested. tony

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021