Jerry Only

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kraig99, Sep 10, 2002.

1. I am not a fan Jeery Only nor of the Misfits, but man his bass looks awesome!! I think it is a custom job, but does anybody know who made it or where I can get something similar to it? Thanks!
  2. i saw the post on Jerry Only so i had to come see it, im a big fan of the Misfits, hes not a phanominal player or anything, but i have been listening to them forever. i heard something about Jerry making plans to produce copies of his bass. he was going to make them out of graphite with thru body necks and the whole 9, but that was in 97 when i read that, the American Psycho album had just come out. the basses was going to cost like $5000 and come with a flight case what had a small window to show off the skull that is fixed to the head stock and not to mention a certificate of authenticity, they sounded really nice and i have always said i would get one, but i dont think he ever went through with it, but i wish he would
    he heh FIEND FOR LIFE!!!!!
  3. Listen

May 19, 2002
    Gothic Customs Guitars make Jerry's NEW basses and Doyle's guitars'.
  4. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I've seen several picture of that bass, doesn't seem like it'd sound full. I mean, for a guitar to sustain nicely the body needs to resonate and there is barely any body. But what do I know, I've never even been close enough to spit on it.
  5. gothic customs ehh?? this is something i must witness with me own peepers, i might just be able to have this guitar. i dont think i would ever bring it out on stage though, heh, it wouldnt be right...unless it sounded good. thanks for the info Listen
  6. Jerry's cool, he tuned EAEA, so if one set of strings broke he switched to the other two.

Pure Genius
  7. Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    It says on the Misfits website that they make all their own stuff. I've seen the same thing on GCG's website a while back, but it' snot there anymore...But the Devastator is copyrighted, and GCG can't legally make it for you...Someday, the Fiend club will make that design available to the public,I know it. GCG will probably make one for you anyway though, they're design theives. The quality of their stuff is good form what I've heard, though.

Note also, in that bass's construction, there are no controls. None. At all. It's a single-purpose instrument.