Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerry Springer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Apr 10, 2003.

1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Sometimes when I'm up late at night, I'll watch this show. My question is, are these people for real? How much do they get paid to go on. Do they have to sign a waver before they go on that they can't sue if they get hit. Obviously, you have video evidence of getting assulted. Besides, if your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/hooker told you that you were going on Jerry Springer cause they wanted to "tell you something important" why would you go? You know it's just going to be bad news.

2. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    heh
    I kinda wondered that too
    ..when that guy from the KKK was being a bit of a bastard to his cousin cause she was married to a black guy.
    =(
    thats not cool..

I kinda was hoping something would.. blow up when he lit up that ciggerette near that Oxygen tank.. =D
    But oh well.. dreams dont come true too often..

Jerry Springer and boxing.... Keep me on the edge of my seat.

Pro Wrestling.. (THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS)

3. I don't think I hate shows like jerry springer. But I really don't like them. I just don't get it.

I agree with your point. If my girlfriend asked me to go on that show I would ask "So is it an eskimo-transvestite-sisterinlaw-prostitute-lover or do I snore out profanitys in my sleep?"

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Does anyone else feel like this conversation should have occurred about 5 years ago?

brad cook

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    No. All those people CAN NOT be real. For all the reasons you list they are not real. I have seen the show a few times and it's always very clear that the "guests" are struggling actors...some of 'em are bad enough actors that it's easy to see why they are struggling. ;) I say it's clearly the WWF of talk shows.

6. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Still, I have to give Jerry props for having Gwar on the show once.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The attorney for the Jerry Springer show has been in some of my classes at school. He says that it's...well...a very busy job.;)

8. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I think that when the show first started it was all real..but now it is definantly fake. THat Gwar episode was halarious. I Was raised on Jerry Springer...thanks mom...jk.

9. the show with gwar was hilarious...and i dont even like them. I distinctly remember one of them talking down hard to a mother who claimed they ruined her son's life. And it was a serious, damn good response to the lady too.