Jersey Dogs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by gallienkrueger, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Is it me or are new jersey hot dogs are the best hot dogs in the world? I was in clifton last weekend and ate some good Rutts Hut Rippers: [​IMG]

rutts hut with out a doubt is the best hot dog joint on the east cost none the less the nation. if u are in Bergen or Passiac County stop by Rutts Hutt on 417 River Road which is off of 46 and i think rt. 3 in clifton
    (i go there regularly so its not like i just found out about it)

(gus the coolest guy ever since he owns this place)

BTW it looks like a **** hole inside because it mostlikely hasn't been cleaned since it opened.
  2. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Oh heck yea!....Jersey and New York have the best for that matter.
  3. new york hotdogs aren't nearly as good as new jersey hot dogs are. the boiled hot dogs do in nyc because of the water. but the new jersey hotdogs are made in everyway. Fried, steamed, bbqed, grilled, charred, and of course boiled. but i nalbany we dont have much good food up here. Pizza is horrible. im happy every friday night i play in new jersey and almost every saturday night i play in nyc. i hope to move to clifton within the next 6 months, i guess it corners me to working at guitar center.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Dude I haven't been to Rutt's since the late 80's... the place was skanky then... great dogs, but you had to have someone that wasn't eatin go pick them up :)

I've got family in Clifton (I was born in West Paterson). I should head back up that way for lunch one of these days (I'm living 'down the shore' now)

Thanks for the memories :cool:

btw... here is a local dog from the Windmill
  5. Your sniveling, pathetic East Coast dogs have nothing on the God-fearing, authentic Chicago dog.
  6. leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I'm from New Jersey and what I miss are Sabrett hotdogs. I live in western NY now and they just don't have them around here. They have weird ones here, white hots and red hots. They are all disgusting. I don't know what the white ones are made of but they aren't good.

No good pizza here, either.

Too bad for me

7. no problem. just i love rutts hut