1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Jerzy Drozd Basic V, rare 34" scale 5, light weight!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vic, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    SOLD

Folks, continuing to let some of my fine pieces go as I work hard to thin the herd... ain't easy, I'm telling you. :)

I have a 34" scale 5 string Jerzy Drozd "Basic" (predates the Soul... it's the base model in the Obsession line). It has a cedar body and pau ferro board. Generally kinda' "blonde" looking. Chrome hardware, three band aggie obp-3 preamp. It weighs in at only 8.2 pounds(!!) of course plays and sounds phenomenally, as all Jerzy's do.

Current new price for a base Soul 5 (Obsession series), with no options other than 34" scale (no upcharge for that) is 3600 Euros, which is currently about $4700, and these don't carry hardly any margins, so dealers don't discount much at all.

I'll offer this bass up for only $2600 OBRO... SHIPPED/48!! And I'll even throw in at least one new set of the exposed core special gauge strings.

Again, thinning the herd, so looking to convert to cash, so not really looking for any trades on this guy.

Here's some pics. It does have one VERY small dimple that was there when I got it from Dan at Luthier's Access Group. He didn't know where it came from. I forgot about it until just now. I also showed the little piece of packing tape I put over the small thumb wear spot to keep from putting more wear there. Other than that, a few shiny spots here and there from rubbing as I move knobs, etc, and it's pretty pristine.

jd_basic5_01.

jd_basic5_02.

jd_basic5_03.

jd_basic5_04.

jd_basic5_05.

jd_basic5_06.

jd_basic5_07.

jd_basic5_08.

jd_basic5_09.

2. People, don't let the Basic moniker throw you off. This is one hell of a bass! As you may know, Jerzy Drozd basses are a rare find on this side of the Atlantic. IIRC, Dan Lenard is the only authorized dealer in the USA. Here's your chance to own a hand-made JD for a VERY reasonable price.

If you've ever followed Vic's exploits in his experimentation with a number of basses (like I have), then you've probably witnessed him purchase a new bass, only to see him sell it a short period of time later. (I've bought a couple from him myself). He's downright picky. :D But, it doesn't surprise me that he has held on to this bass for a good long while, at least in terms of VIC TIME. ;)

3. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Thomasville, GA
    Killer Bass!!! Cant go wrong here!!!

4. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    Bump for Vic

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Thanks folks.

BTW, I didn't mention this in the OP, but the B string on this bass, like all Jerzy's I've played, is stellar. Very focused and powerful.

Keep in mind, per the OP, it's "OBRO", that means "Or Best Reasonable Offer". If someone has cash in hand, ready to pull the trigger, I might shave some of that price off!

6. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Bump.

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    SOLD