Jerzy Drozd basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Anybody own one? Anybody ever played one? Check out if not. They're really nice.
  2. Tfunked

Dec 30, 2003
    I dig the way they look for sure!!!!!!!!! :bassist: !!
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've played one. They are amazing basses. Nice mid growl to them, at least the one I played. I guess it's dependant upon the used woods. Are they worth 3k+? That's for you to decide, but they are great basses.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    they sound nice, but i could be wrong ;)
  5. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    youll find some info here if you search for them and i think RAM and a few other TBrs have them as well
    i think they are wild, i would love the chance to try one sometime
  6. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España

yes they are worth that, but the bolt on models are over priced exepting the hollowbody that has a lot of work on it, iv seen some of those in jerzys workshop.
  7. Bassart1

Bassart1 Guest

Jun 26, 2003
    Go to:

Dan has them in stock.

While they are not cheap by any means, they play and are built as well as Fodera and the other top makers products and this opinion is based on direct comparison in person.
  8. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Same here.
  9. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I was recently given a quote by Jerzy for a custom bass - very competitive when compared with other UK and European luthiers.
  10. I've checked them out on luthiers access and his own site. I'd like to hear some reviews from the TB'ers. Seem to get the best all around picture of a product on here. I'm completely consumed with how they look, but I was wondering how they played. A lot of people can build a pretty guitar and sell if for a lot of money. But not a lot of people can build one that plays like it's worth a lot of money.
  11. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's my review! :p now I've owned it for about 1-1/2 years and have become far more comfortable on the 6-strings...I used to be exclusively a 4-string player.

The neck profile is very thin, but for me that's a good thing...I welcome the change from my thick-neck Spector any day!

It's very growly, even with 6-month old strings. It's versatile, in that I get a great P-bass like tone when soloing the neck pu and very jazz-like tone when soloing the bridge. It plays like butter, and has incredible harmonic content while maintaining a good amount of warmth. In fact, I haven't played another bass that had as much clarity and warmth at the same time! :D

Because of the wood combination: wenge/bubinga neck, ebony fingerboard, walnut body, wenge toneplate, zebra wood top, it's very dark sounding. It's got so much character it's crazy! :hyper:

I love this bass and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone contemplating a high-end instrument. :hyper: