Jerzy Drozd Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkysurfer, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Has anyone ever played one of these, or even own one? I was checking out their website and they look pretty slick. They offer some nice options which include 24, 28, 36" scale necks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance¬Ö
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Well, the dont offer 24, 28 and 36" scale basses.
    What they offer is 24, 28 and 36 FRET necks.
    Those basses are very expensive and they supposedly play similar to the higher priced Ken Smiths according to a friend of mine that has tried em.
  3. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, I've played one a couple months back. They really are very nice basses. The one I played had Bartolinis, which I'm not as big a fan of, but that's personal preference. They did, in all fairness, sound really nice, though. Some people actually prefer them.

Anyway, I'd rank them very high! The neck feel is quite different than my Spector, so playing it was weird. In fact, the neck is unique. I could be wrong, but from what I remember, it was pretty shallow with a wide fingerboard. Not for your chunky-necked P-bass dwellers, that's for sure.

It sounded really clear, and very warm. It had a nice growl to it and looked like it was put together by someone who really cares about his products, and I'd recommend it.
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    And they're sooo beauutiful! :)
  5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I would like one very much :) . Played one at Bass Alone . It was lighter than I expected, with a relatively small body. This one was a six string, and like RAM said, had a wide and shallow neck. I don't remember what the top was made of, but I do remember the absolutely smooth and seemingly seamless transitions between the wood types. It was a thrill to handle such a beautifully made instrument.

This one had Bartolini soapbars, IIRC. Sound was both clean and deep, but I was playing through a Fafner head and maybe a Glockenlang cab. That rig would make almost anything sound good. Nonetheless, a fabulous instrument, and their prices aren't much different than other boutique basses.
  6. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ah...the Fafner!!! What wonderful thoughts I have regarding this amp!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Oh...this is a bass thread...sorry...
  7. I played a couple at Luthiers access Group - a Mastery fretted and a fretless. They are very well constructed basses. Great sustain. Very modern sounding. The neck is very thin and fast for a wooden neck - to me, very similiar to a Zon graphite neck (I own 2 Zons)

I ended up getting a Sadowsky instead. I'm just a little uncomfortable with the builder being in Spain. They are excellent basses, however.