Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerzy Drozd Flying circus part deux

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hexbass, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Just a heads up for the Drozd 6 string on ebay; I was the only bidder for this bass, so I call the guy about the lousy packing job he did on the last Drozd I bought from him, and he offers to end the auction if I paid what I did for the Legend ($2550.00) I declined and said let's see what happens on the auction, well about 20 minutes later a bidder named Donkey starts upping me in $25 increments, I played for a while but dropped out at the last minute. "Donkey" won the auction. I get an email shortly from eekbay saying that I can now have the item for $2150, I immediately call the guy and accuse him of having a buddy hike up the price, he has an excuse that some guy from Spain bid on the bass and can't come up with the cash.
    I am sure this thing will come up again, so I will tell you what I know about it, I actually got the other bass I bid on and if you watch the packing end of it you might get a good instrument, I have just had it with these guys
    It is a Jerzy Drozd Mastery, neck thru, Bartolini soap bars and pre-amp, walnut body, quilted/birdseye maple top and it is a 34" scale instead of the now standard 35" scale. good luck.
    You can see a better pic at
    www.luthiersaccessgroup.com
    go to the bass gallery, go to gallery#4, 5 rows down, and 3 from the left. :ninja:

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

This one? Sweeeeet! Sorry about your bad experience, though... you're right to be cautious.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Dang nice bass, pretty annoying seller though :(.

4. Yeah annoying, he just called back and offered it to me for 2K, I passed, so it'll be back on the bay sometime today.

5. whoapower

whoapower

Jul 14, 2005
    Austin, TX
    report it and let ebay figure it out.

6. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Kind of makes you wonder where this guy is coming up with these Jerzy basses :confused: You rarely hear of any used ones for sale, yet this guy has two???

7. actually-I doubt if this cat plays at all. After extensive googling for the last Drozd, I found the original owners obituary, so I figure this is an estate auction or something of the sort. If anyone goes for this bass, there is an SKB " bass safe" (44Rw) in stock at the guitar center for $109 something, get them to talk to MIckey, she will make sure it's packed OK.713-452-4070