Jerzy Drozd Flying Circus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hexbass, Sep 9, 2005.

1. I won an auction that some of you might have seen on eekbay; a really bad purple toned picture of a 6 string bass that looks alot like a JD but it's hard to even tell what model it is from the pic, no info from the seller until the end of the auction, a couple of folks dropped out because of sheer frustration. Anyway, I won the auction at a real sweetheart price, but that's just where the headache started, there was a payment snafu with PayPal (which I HATE with a passion), multiple people to deal with (4) and an assurance that once my money was gotten, that the bass would be shipped properly, well tonite when I called for the tracking # the guy tells me that they couldn't find abox for the semihard shell case so they just sent it taped up and with some (their words) "twisty ties" on it

MY Heart Folds

A $6000.00 Jerzy Drozd fretless Legend riding fedex without even kneepads

Pray for this Bass
  2. I really hope youre joking about this.

Thats sickening.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    If you're talking about the auction that was linked to here earlier, it looked like a scam.

Is it the one where they said the bass was played by "the Red Hot Chilly Peppers"?
  4. Yep thats the one,
    I actually googled myself silly on this one, I took the picture, went to JD's site and matched it to the Legend then went to Luthiers Access for Dan Lenard,(who by the way is a guy who answers his own phone and is a real nice cat!) found out he soldit to a guy in Houston, entered houston, and jd legend and got a band site where in some of the pics there was a Legend in the background, THEN I found the guys obituary. rip. It turns out it's not ascam but a huge pain in the ass. and maybe a heartache, it's insured but I''ve seen what the fedboys can do to a properly crated instrument. John
  5. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    wow, i actually bid on it and was asked three times if i wanted it
    via e-mail due to the winning bidder dropping out...
    smelled fishy to me, so i didn't reply.
    fingers crossed on that shipping, if you got it for less than my bid you have an amazing deal!
  6. Hey hexbass..

I hope it will work fine for you!
    Good luck

7. The Eristic

The Eristic Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2005
    Cartersville, GA
    Jeez, that depresses me. :^|
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I subscribed to this thread last night but didn't post cause I had nothing constructive to say (it sounded REAL fishy, D.A.R.K.'s comment seems to support that, but you also seem to have done some research...) I REALLY hope the bass shows up and it all works out for you. I love hearing when a fellow TBer gets a great deal on a great bass.
  9. Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Oh god, I'm praying for that bass, JD basses must survive!
  10. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    HexBass, definitely keep us up to speed on the status ..... a lot of guys here were interested in that one :cool: Hope it gets there safe & sound...........
  11. Yep. A lot of folks were hanging back on that one... I really hope that it turns out for the best. I've got my fingers crossed for you!
  12. Thanks so much for the good feelings guys, it's in Memphis as I type, due here Wednesday. I think we're past the scam stage, (which I was worried about as well) and for whatever reason, I have a feeling this is all gonna work out sweet! Once again I appreciate all the support. John

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY

Good luck, you're gonna need it, hope it arrives as pictured. FedX isn't half as bad as those AH's @UPS...

Also, to EVERYONE, just a heads up about E-bay. NEVER send money or entertain an item after it has ended & you receive an e-mail about the high bidder failing to comply! There was a Modulus TBX recently that I went through the same BS with(& other lower bidders!). Seems someone watches the high $$$ items & sends out a BS temp e-mail address to try & scam money from unsuspecting but still "hot for the item" bidders that have no real way of tracing the link or origin of the "recipient" who's cashed your $$$ before you can blink! I got in touch with the actual seller & buyer & the deal was DONE already! AND the best part about it is E-bay does C**K about it! I've written many complaints & tried to trace the e-mails & got basically nowhere...BUYER BEWARE

14. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
  15. U pay us champagne if it works?? ;)
    Just send me your AC6 if you don't go for champagne, it will be enough for me...:smug:
  16. Hi folks.
    UNBELIEVABLE!! the bass made it all the way from Houston to Vermont in a soft shell case with 2 strips of packing tape and it didn't even get dirty, The bass is in mint condition, doesn't seem to have been played at all, no nicks, scratches or anything! I must say this case is amazing for what it is. Hopefully will get to A/B it with my F Bass Alain Caron fretless 6 this afternoon with my full rig. Thanks again for all your concern and good vibes. John
  17. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    WE want PICS!
  18. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Great news! Glad it arrived apparently safe and sound :D

Now we need some real pics .... :cool:
  19. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC stands that Flea used it on an album then?