Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerzy Drozd Legend X

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by YC8, Mar 15, 2005.

1. YC8

YC8

Jun 23, 2004
    I currently have a project with the great Jerzy Drozd from Barcelona: a 10 string fretless Legend X :)
    This bass will be strung in fourth from low E (20,6 hertzs) to high Db and will have 39 positions on the treble side of the fingerboard, for a range of 7 octaves! You can see a fretless Legend VI and a fretted Legend VII in Jerzy's web site: http://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com

My cd with Michael Manring & Dominique Di Piazza will be available very soon. You can contact Philippe Lissart for any information(s) and/or order(s).
    email: lissartp@tiscali.fr
    phone: +33 610 033 585
    I primary play a Noguera YC 8 string fretless sub-bass (tuned E (20,6 hertzs) to high Eb) in this cd.

YC
    http://www.yvescarbonne.com

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    YC,

Please do keep us posted periodically about the development of the bass. I'm sure Jerzy will do a fantastic job :cool:

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Great to see you on Talkbass Yves! Am looking forward to your CD with Dominique and Michael very much! :bassist:

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Hello, Yves!! Can't wait to see some update pics of that beast!!

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey yves, good to see you here.

i've had the pleasure of reviewing a 7 string jd prodigy le for the past month or so, and i can say that you'll no doubt be very happy with your instrument.

6. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    +1, can't wait!

Yves,

That tuning sounds like the 10 stringer that Jessie Blue O'neill made for Regi Wooten... Starting from E (octave below a 4 stringer E) all in 4ths to Db (C#).

Last November I grabbed a lesson with Regi and towards the end of the lessson, I had the oppt'y to mess with that beast... WOW that is a bunch of strings.

Attached Files:

7. YC8

YC8

Jun 23, 2004
    Thank you everyone for you interest in the Legend X & bass trio projects! :)

The Legend X will be tuned (low to high):
    E (20,6 h) - A - D - G - C - F - Bb - Eb - Ab - Db
    My strings are custom Super Steps by LaBella. The low E is a .175
    The nice shape of the Legend's body will support very well the 39 positions!!!

We have just finished the design of the cd cover with Basstien my webmaster. It look great!
    I love the music we play with Michael & Dominique.... it's very original and there's a lot of emotion! :)

8. great to see you on TalkBass, Yves! I am so excited to check out the bass, hear the new album, and about working together in the future!

from the lows,

Stew

9. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Go, Yves, go!

Congrats on the Drozd.

10. Very cool, Yves! Can't wait to see this bass progress.

11. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    +1!:D

I can personally vouch for Jerzy's incredible and consistent work. :hyper: I'm sure you'll be as ecstatic as I am.;)

12. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    :smug:

13. Haha! Yeah, that too, Luis! :p

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Can't wait to see the bass. Moreso, can't wait to hear the cd-Manring and DiPiazza are two of my favorite players, and I'm anxious to hear your playing for the first time.

15. man, you're in for a treat! there's a reason that Yves was chosen as the third bassist on the album. there should be some sound samples up at his site if you're curious to check. I had the pleasure of studying with Yves for about a week this summer and let's just say I am a much humbler man for the experience!

from the student's low,

Stew

16. YC8

YC8

Jun 23, 2004
    Thank you Stew! :) :) :)

17. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Stew, thanks for the link to Yves' site. Simply awesome playing. I'm looking forward to your CD, Yves, and also seeing photos of your Legend.

18. YC8

YC8

Jun 23, 2004
    Thank you Jerry!

19. you're welcome, my friend!
    any time, man! Yves is one of the hippest and most humble players you'll encounter. definitely keep an eye on him!

from the lows,

Stew

20. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Yves

Went and checked out the tunes from your site, Killer stuff!