Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jesus spoke to me today

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ADbassman, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was at guitar center of all places, when I picked up a Pedulla Pentabuzz 5 string fretless bass. Let me tell you, the tone of this bass was amazing. It was orgasmic to play. It was as if god spoke to me in the form of a guitar. I think I just stumbled upon the best tone EVER.

Anybody esle ever had a holy experience with a bass?

2. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    He told me I need to practice more, no fair!

3. Maybe you can have the local churches take up a collection to buy it for you. How much did they want for it? Was it bolt or neck through?

4. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    God spoke to me to but he said
    "look out for a second hand thumb for €300 euro"
    i saw it
    and god it had a sticker on it

SOLD

THE END

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think you must have gotten your signals mixed up-God doesn't endorse Warwick. You must have been listening to the devil ;)

Or nickthebassist :D

6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I want to be the first to say this:

'God endorses Philip Kubicki Basses.' :p

Beat you to it, Heath!!! :)

7. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Oh definately -

God plays
    [​IMG]

8. tomd03

tomd03

Oct 8, 2004
    Alberta Canada
    sorry for spam, but hey cg :D i got banned from ug, nice to see you here lol.

but yeah, god spoke to me in a pawn shop when i found my aria pro 2 rev sound bass :D

and it spoke to me again when i saw a fender deluxe bass for 400 bucks...but i passed it up :( oh well...

9. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Wazzupp!!
    :bassist:

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

This wouldn't happen to be the San Marcos Guitar Center would it? I know they have one of those basses there.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    And God said unto Jared, "Lo, get thee a Fodera bass." And ye, did Jared follow the Lord's word, and purchased for himself a Fodera. And God spoke unto Jared again and said, "No, not that one." So Jared heeded his Lord's word and purchased for himself another Fodera. The word of God was brought to Jared once again. "No, not that one either".....

:D :D J/K Sorry Jared, I just saw your post and that came to me.

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Gee thanks, Vanilla Coke all over my monitor.... rofl!!

I'm just happy God hasn't spoken to me as he has to JT... I'd be divorced and living in a cardboard box.

13. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

And Jared bought the Beez elite, and saw that it was good. Jared rested on the seventh bass.

I won't make it a habit to speak in the third person. ;)

14. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    God told me to play a six string...and I do :D

15. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Didn't a while ago, someone post a picture of Jesus holding a Warwick and saying, "Oh god, not another Warwick"? That was funny. I dig Warwicks myself but it was still funny.

I'd love to try a Pedulla. Pedulla is one of those basses where everyone who's played one says they absolutely rule. With many other bassmakers (even high end ones like Zon, Warwick, and I'll lump Carvin in there) you get wide ranges of opinions from "they're the bestest!" to "they're dog turds" but not with Pedulla. That kind of excellent consistency must count for something.

As for an experience akin to discovering god on a bass? Nope. Closest I came was when I first ambivalently strapped on a Samick Fairlane 6 and the "feel" was there, like a soulmatch. That 'magical' feeling was less in the tone of the bass but more in the playability. And the sweet price left me with enough money to buy a great amp with my next paycheck...so the planets were really in alignment with me that day. And getting a $100 discount on the amp (Ashdown 300 watt MAG 2x10 combo) a couple of weeks later kicked tushie too.

I'm sure I'll probably have the same kind of experience with another bass (as I would eventually like a more premium 6-string), but Lina (the Fairlane) is a keeper for me.

16. I would love to own a Pedulla MVP someday. :hyper:

17. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Didn't Jesus play a Bongo?

18. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    No, they didn't have indoor plumbing back then, so there wouldn't have been a toilet seat to make one.

Nyuck nyuck nyuck.

19. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    I guess the toilet seat was based on a Bongo then :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.